Multiple Select (RR-788)

• It would be great to do a multiple select from the canvas by holding down the shift-key and dragging the mouse over the objects, so one can reposition the objects, PLUS, do multiple edit (like changing colors or font style) on all of the objects selected.

Any other improvements to speed up creating a presentation are welcomed.

15 people like this idea
  • Use Control and Alt together and select as many items as you want

• Hi Nick...

Yes one can use the Ctrl or Alt, but I am looking to select objects quickly by dragging the mouse of the items.

Thanks.

• I agree that we need a way to edit multiple items.

• That would a big help.

• Agreed. This would be a useful editing tool.

• Make sure you like the original post to 'vote' for this!

• Yeah,  I'd love to multiple change a certain property for say 15 out of 30 of my elements, all at once.

• It would be nice to be able to multi-select, then: edit, move, zoom, duplicate, copy, group/ungroup, etc. elements together... you know just like virtually any other graphics design system in existence.

• This was requested in 2015. Any reason why it hasn't been implemented yet?

• (i.e. editing of multiple elements)

• We always working on something new and it's just that this request has not reached the top of the pile priority wise as yet. We consider lots of things when deciding on what to work on next and from the customer request side of that decision the number of votes (Likes) a feature request gets will make a difference. We'll also look at the other feedback we get, the ideas we have for VideoScribe and the all sorts of things. 

• Thanks Barry. I understand that approach for small features, but this is such a basic feature. Without it, VideoScribe feels clunky, as if it's still in beta. Simply thinking about how much time a user would save with this feature, how much polish it would add to the product, should have convinced you to implement it years ago. I personally am quite frustrated by the lack of it.

• Not to beleaguer the issue, and I don't want to be a critic of the selection process of what does and doesn't get worked on, but I've seen this problem in a number of settings where the votes of those who have the least amount of experience with a piece of software carry as much weight as those who use the software regularly ... this results in features getting higher votes that really don't translate into better usability.  Adding a an ultimately seldom used but maybe more flashy or seemingly impressive feature seem to float to the top.  I just think, as a service to the more loyal users, it might be useful to use a weighted vote.  At some point you risk loosing the more loyal customers if you don't implement those which contribute better to or make more efficient the overall experience.

• Thanks for your honest feedback. I'll bring this post to the attention of the UX Team so I can be sure it's on the radar and gets fully considered.

Login to post a comment