VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

How do I use the eraser hands?

1. How do I use the eraser hands to erase an element? 
  2. Can I erase one element, but not others beneath it (earlier in the timeline?)

3 people have this question
Hi,
1) HOW TO USE THE ERASER HAND AND A "SCRIBBLE OUT" ELEMENT
(copied from a previous answer by Andy Hardyman): 

"Within the 'Shapes' library you will find an image called 'Scribble Out'

If in this VideoScribe you want to erase the signpost

Use the Scribble Out item and place it over the signpost

When you run your scribe it will erase the signpost - I've used a different hand with an eraser here to make it more realistic - see [ removed link to old answers section. Here is a new link: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000023747 ] for details of how to select a hand for one element

If you don't want the hand to erase the image set the draw time to 0 seconds and the image will instantly disappear.

And once Scribble out has done it's work you will see

"

2) Using the above method provides the illusion that you are erasing, but you are actually covering up the previous drawing with a white element. That method will not reveal elements underneath. However if you are clever, you could probably come up with a way to use a copy of the underneath element INSTEAD of the scribble out to simulate the effect you mentioned.

Hope that helps,

(This answer was written for VideoScribe version 1.3.26, but may also apply to other versions.)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi, I have a 'scribble' shape in my shapes library, but no 'scribble out'. This just draws scribble on top of element. Has scribble out moved - or has this feature been changed in some way? Thanks

Hi,
Hmn. I can see two scribbles and a scribble out. It should be the same for all users of  the current desktop software (possibly not on the mobile apps).

Be sure to look in the shapes folder and scroll all the way down. it is the last image in the folder (as shown in the screenshot above).

-Mike (videoscribe user)

I have applied the SCRIBBLE OUT image, but when I select a different hand, a screen appears titled LEND A HAND.  It appears to want me to create a new hand and asks for a 1ST FILE FOR THE DOWN STROKE, and a 2ND FILE FOR THE UP STROKE.  What am I doing wrong?  I added a screen shot of the message.

Hi Bill,

To select a hand double click on it. I think that you have clicked on the 'Add' button. The 'Add' button is used when you want to add a new hand of your own.

I know it is a little confusing and we have changed it in version 2.0 of VideoScribe which is now available for download at Download VideoScribe

Andy

Hi Andy, I know I was NOT hitting the Add Button because I tried selecting several of the different erase buttons.  But anyway, it's working correctly in the new version I downloaded and installed.  The only problem is that the images no longer have names attached to them.  If I did not have the scribble out in my RECENTLY SELECTED IMAGES folder, I would not have been able to find it.  It was much easier having the images labeled.

Hi Bill 

I have added a community post http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000029939 as several people have commented on this - feel free to comment or 'like' this post - our development team monitor these posts and may post a reply

Andy

Hi! Can I erase (or cover) an object with scribble out, and on that same place, draw another image? I've tried to do it, but  either the image doesn't show correctly or the scribble out won't cover the object underneath. Is there a way to do it?Thanks in advance! 

Yes you should be able to scale and position the images to work correctly.

You may run into problems if you try to stack many many elements in the same spot, though.

Maybe you should attach a screenshot or your .scribe file to show the problem you are seeing.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment