Hi, (I'm using Windows 8 and firefox 28)
I like the new colors and art.
1) In the new help section: message, answer and comment text boxes are kind of small and cannot be resized
as they could in the old help section. My main request is to at least widen the text boxes and also enable resizing if that is an option.
2) Main HELP page: It's pretty, but a bit long and sprawling for users who may want to quickly and easily solve a frustrating problem. It requires a lot of scrolling to figure out which sub categories are available, which one I should choose, and how to get to it... I would LOVE to see links to each help page ( tutorials, training, FAQ, troubleshooting, community help, guides) listed across the TOP of the main help page immediately under "VideoScribe Help" and the rest of the page could continue below it for those who want to scroll and browse.
3) The navigation links in the header break the formatting of the page (if
viewed on my admittedly outdated 1024x768 display) and extend past the
header outline to the right side. At 1280x960 the header formatting
4) when I copy and paste something into the question text box using Ctrl+v... the screen sometimes scrolls instantly to the bottom of the web page. I can't reproduce it every time but about 25% of the time if I copy and paste a sentence to different parts of the post, it sends me straight to the footer of the page.
5) Multiple undos don't work as in some of the other forums I use. Not really a big deal, but it's a nice feature if it is something that can be enabled.
I especially like the #2 suggest that Mike has. A lot of scrolling is required currently to find subgroups. Having a list at the top that is clearly a list of subgroups (not just random links on the right side of the page for instance) would be quite helpful!
I also have #4 happen from time to time.
And might I add a #6? A basic spell check would be great. Other forums I'm a member of add that fun ol' red squiggley line just like Office products.
We are currently in midst of a (long awaited) redesign to the Help section of our website.
We appreciate your feedback, and your input will prove extremely valuable to this process.
Your input on the layout and commenting features has been duly noted.
font or size change example:font or size change example: