VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Save won't work on new project

Hi,

Impressive product. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Training videos are very useful as well. Liked it so much I upgraded to Pro after making my first scribe.

Once I did that I ran into an issue. The scribe I created under the free version remains editable and saves as anticipated. I tried making a new one, but can't seem to get it to save. It will autosave, but I can't save it from the ribbon.

I went so far as to download the installer again and re-installed the program. No dice. Still won't save. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Will

1) try using "save as a new copy and close" to save it with a different name

2) when a scribe won't save it is usually because there is a problem with one or more of the elements in the scribe (file sizes too large, magnification (zoom) too high or too low, improperly made SVG file etc)

Tips for identifying and avoiding problems that cause freezing or crashing during save/load/playback/rendering: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000023738

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Bill, it sounds like you have not names the Scribe yet.

If you do not add a name it will not save.

Make sure you enter a Scribe name (where is says local save in the screen shot below) then hit save:

Thanks, Joe

Login to post a comment