Can I have the music separately?

• Someone has asked for the music to one of my VideoScribes separately so they can use it to jog their student's memories about the creativity technique. It is Bright Shining. Is there any way I can direct him to it as a mp3 or whatever?

Thanks

• Hi Amanda,

The Sparkol music tracks are only licensed through the VideoScribe application so were unable to send the mp3 files directly. As they are only licensed through the application they can only be used in producing VideoScribe videos.

Thanks, Joe

• Understood, thanks Joe.

• I want to adjust where a music track (the same one, actually, Bright Shining) fades out in a video scribe. Right now, the fade timing is awkward, but I can't find a way to adjust that, or to download the music and add an earlier fade. Is there any way around that, or am I stuck with an awkward ending?

• I think you can take the video created in videoscribe and import it into a program like freemake ( free at freemake.com), or adobe premiere or other video edting programs, and fade out the audio.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• That's probably a possibility, though it isn't ideal because you'd likely lose some quality.

• Hey, 

I want to integrate a sound in the mittle of the Video not at the the begining of the video. 

• That is not currently an option within videoscribe.

Any video or audio editing that cannot be performed in videoscribe, will have to be done in a video or audio editing program.

It is a good practice to prepare your entire voiceover file, including pauses, delays, sound effects and fades, before you import it into videoscribe. If you don't have audio software, Audacity is a free audio editing program. You will need the LAME codec (also free) in order to save MP3 files with Audacity. Links to both are in the following blog: http://blog.videoscribe.co/9-free-tools-to-pimp-videoscribe/

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• hi Joe it's very limiting not being able to download the mp3 verison of scribe stock music, surely if you are a paying member of video scribe you should have the option to download albeit only to be able to manipulate and shape to use in your videoscribe. Else it's hardly worth having the music, in fact not at all I'm finding I need to shape it around my video and so have to go elsewhere to purchase music - VERY FRUSTRATING :)

• The music tracks are licensed to us from 3rd party composers and the terms of their licences do not allow us to distribute the tracks in that way.

• So, does this also mean there is no way to record a voiceover to lay over the music bed?  That seems like a pretty serious limitation.

• You can either record a voiceover in videoscribe or you can record it in a separate program and import it . The music track and the voiceover track are seperate when editing your project.

If you were asking a different question, you may need to explain the question in more detail.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Actually, I didn't realize they were separate.  That is very helpful.  But then, how can you control the level of the music relative to the voiceover?  So, for example, can the music start loud, go low for the voiceover, and then go back up?  Can we control levels?

• Each of the two tracks has a volume setting. If you wish to add multiple volume changes, fade-ins fade-outs, sound effects or silent pauses (etc), you would have to edit the voiceover or music track before importing it into videoscribe.

There are some good free audio programs like audacity if you don't already have something. The file will have to be saved as an mp3 file.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment