VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

After spending several hours making my scribe it won't load

I spend around 5 hours making a scribe for a school project, and now it won't load, and of course the backup won't either. Any ideas? I uploaded it as "historie" dunno if you can check it out that way.

Hi,

The symptom you described is usually an indication that you have used at least one problematic image or camera setting in your scribe. This thread: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000023738

provides some tips about making scribes that will not crash or freeze.

Step two in that thread can sometimes provide a workaround for crashing and freezing problems by removing damaged elements.  (step two requires PRO membership) But it doesn't necessarily "fix" or "optimize" all of the the images and settings that contributing to the problem.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

I don't have the import option, probably cause i'm not pro. I thought about buying it but now i seriously doubt it, if this is a common occurrence. I did however manage to download it online, can i somehow force it to import it if i leave it in the appdata folder or something like that? I attached the file to this comment.

Hi,

I am looking at your scribe now and will get back to you later

Hi,

I have found a corrupted element in your scribe and removed it.

I saved your scribe to your online directory as 'Historie fixed'.

Regards

Andy

How do you find corrupted elements? Export and import did not indicate anything was corrupted.  Am I going to have to rebuild my scribe if I do not see the elements on the whiteboard / development stage....and if nothing appears when you select play.   I still see the images in the development timeline.  All images are set to .5 seconds.

Hi Tulla,

Exporting and importing will often fix corrupted elements - but not in every case.

We are able to look inside the scribe itself and find the more elusive problems so if you have a problem with one of your scribes then we would be happy to take a look at it if you add a new ticket here http://help.videoscribe.co/support/tickets/new

Andy

Login to post a comment