VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Help

Hi ,  I have not used my system for 6 weeks...   all my scribes are gone?????   where are they...also my library of many saved images in the right format....   whats up?   Everything is changed...   Please advise...   Kai   Jacobson

Hi,

1) videoscribe does not delete or move or change any of your work files or videos locally or online.

2) If you or someone else with access to your computer reformatted the hard drive or deleted files (or possibly used a disk cleanup utility) then the files might have been removed.

3) You have to login to the videoscribe program (not just the website) to view or open your scribe files that are saved locally.

4) If you saved the scribes online then you have to select the online directory, if you saved them locally, you have to select the local directory.

5) If you made more than one videoscribe profile, you will have to login using the one you used to make the scribes. (this is one of the most common problems fr people who can't locate their files)

6) you must be on the same computer you used to make the scribes if they were saved locally.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Mike How do I ?

You have to login to the videoscribe program (not just the website) to view or open your scribe files that are saved locally.

If you saved the scribes online then you have to select the online directory, if you saved them locally, you have to select the local directory.

I did use CCleaneld that have done this?

Thanks for your help... Kai

Hi Kai,

Sometimes people think they can make scribes on this website but that is not true.

There is a videoscribe website (that is where I am typing this message) And there is a videoscribe PROGRAM installed on your computer. You have to run the program in order to make new scribes or open your old scribes. When you run the program and login, it looks something like this:

The dropdown list, shown in the upper left corner of that screenshot can be changed from "local" to "online" to display scribes that are saved in the local (on your computer) directory or the online (on Sparkol's servers) directory.

I don't know if CCleaner could have deleted your scribes, but I would recommend finding the videoscribe program and running it before you worry about anything else.

I hope that helps,

Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment