VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

login problem

i have entered correct username and password but it says u need an internet connection for trial version even i have broadband connection.

2 people have this question

Are you using a laptop?  Sometimes the laptop may put the network card to sleep to conserve energy.

Try plugging in the laptop to an electrical outlet or changing the power saving settings to keep the network card awake.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

I downloaded the free trial. I have restarted pc twice and no login yet, it appears to be stuck trying to download and installing image library? I have a fiber optic high speed connection so I do not know what the problem  is?

rebooting is always worth trying.

Also read this official thread: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000033700-videoscribe-can-t-progress-beyond-content

Customer support will be back to work on Monday.

hope that helps,
Mike (videoscribe user)

I went to your link.

Give specifics under Check Your Permissions & Check Your Security Settings. Define what to do in those areas!

Hi,
Please provide more information. It's going to depend on a lot of things like:
1) what is your operating system?
2) do you have administrative rights on this computer
3) are you on a network?
4) Are there any limitations like work related restrictions preventing you from saving to certain folders
5) what do you see when you check the permissions and settings? can you provide a screenshot?

also how much free hard drive space do you have?

(Sparkol customer support will be back Monday during UK business hours if you want to correspond with them)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

1) Windows 7 Professional

2) Yes.  I purchased pc from my old work and "Ilog in" after I power off under that old companies domain with my old username and password, even though I am not on their network

3) No

4) No

5) See Attached

I have donloaded many programs on this pc with no problems?

Hi Nick,

I think those screenshots are google chrome browser settings instead of windows permissions and security settings.

Hopefully customer support will chime in on this soon. (If you find that you are uncomfortable or unfamiliar with these procedures, you may want to consult customer support or someone else before proceeding. You can also just view the settings without changing them if you wish to be cautious. )

This is just a guess, but ...since it was a work computer, the permissions settings may be limited on the Appdata folder (where the library files need to be saved I think)

Here is a web page describing how to view or change folder permissions in windows7: http://www.wikihow.com/Change-File-Permissions-on-Windows-7

to find the appdata folder, you can open windows explorer and perform a search . You may have to "show" hidden folders to see it. how to show hidden files: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7

You can also do a google search for tutorials that will provide more specific information about the procedures you do not understand in customer support's instant answers:

Check your permissions-  Do you have admin rights to install new software on your computer?

Check your security settings-  If you're on a PC, firewalls may be blocking VideoScribe. If possible, add VideoScribe to the firewall exceptions list.

Hope that helps,

Mike (videoscribe user)

How do we find our username? I never saw where I was given one or created one when sighing up.

Use whatever login information you used to sign up.
I believe it is an email address and a password.

INSTANT ANSWERS: Login to Videoscribe

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Yes, your login uses your email address and password. If you have forgotten your password there is a forgot password link on the login page in VideoScribe.

I can't log out from the mac's app . A friend has her account on my computer and I want to enter mines but I dont know how, please help

To log out, save any open scribes, then close the program and then re-start it.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Thanks a lot, I had to close program after the initial install, then open and login. It worked then.

Login to post a comment