VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Failure/Freeze "Preparing video information ..."

Hi,

all my attempts to export a video (file, Facebook, youtube, powerpoint) have ended with the small window saying "preparing video information". The canvas stays completely white - I was waiting up to an hour.

Can you help me?

A video software that can not create videos feels somehow useless.

Regards, Carsten

Hardware: 

MacBook Air, 11", Mitte 2013

Prozessor 1,7 GHz Intel Core i7

Speicher 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Software OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

2 people have this question

(( EDIT: the Instant answer has been updated: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000033739-render  to indicate that only pro users can save videos to their computer in version 2 ))

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Thanks a lot for all your help. I managed to publish my video on YouTube and I am quite happy with the result. Would you like to watch it and get ideas?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZxrFH_isrHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well Done Marc

It's an epic scribe.  I'm glad you got it uploaded

After paying for this seemingly useful tool, it is very surprising that the thing it has the most trouble doing is actually sharing it with an audience.

I too have encountered a problem with the blank white screen saying "preparing video information." I will attach the file and will be very thankful for any advice I  receive on successfully uploading it to YouTube without having to start from scratch.

Thanks,

Kevin (Mac User, using video scribe version 2.01)

Hi Kevin

I'm having trouble getting your scribe to render with your voiceover attached.

I'm also having trouble working out whether you have a soundtrack in the scribe: it looks like you have but it also looks like you may have the voiceover linked into the soundtrack side.  Either way it's not working as expected.

We did have an issue with version 2.0 and voiceovers on Macs.  It may be that your issue is related to that.  In any case, it seems to be related to this scribe specifically.  

The quickest solution for you, if you are able, is to remove soundtrack and voiceover and render the video silently before adding the sound back in post production software.  If this doesn't work for you,  you may have some success saving the silent scribe as a new scribe and adding the sound back in at that point.  

If your scribe is still stuck, let me know - and confirm what should be there for the soundtrack - and we can see what else we can do..

Ian

Hi, 

I've been having the same problem too. I've uploaded my scribe to the cloud. Can you help?

Patrick

Hi there,

sorry that you are having these problems. If you have tried all suggestions in this thread and you are still having issues, please raise a support ticket and we will look into this for you.

This topic will now be locked.

Comments to this discussion are now closed!