VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Login errors and other

I recently became a pro user but i'm really starting to get upset. The program crashes every 10 minutes and when I close it and try to reopen it, it shows me the following warning:

"you are already logged in another machine"

I'm not! and even if I was, If I'm a pro user, i can use it on other machines.

Is there something to resolve those bugs or I should just cancel my subscription right now?

If the program is crashing, the most likely causes are improperly prepared images or bad camera settings. Eliminating those two issues might prevent all crashes. This thread discussing image preparation and camera settings (zoom) in version : videoscribe freezes or crashes (saving,loading, rendering... any time)

That thread is for version 1.3.26 but probably applies to 2.0 as well.

Any time you crash you will not be logged out properly, so you will get the already logged in error the next time you try to log in, rebooting MIGHT clear the error , but the best solution is to prevent crashes.

Hope that helps,
-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Aline,

Mike's advice may have solved your issues but if not could you tell me if the crashes occur with a particular scribe or particular images or when you are doing a certain thing in VideoScribe?

If the crashes occur with a particular scribe could you Save your scribe online and let us know the name

Andy

Hi Andy!

Well, mike's answer was correct. I was uploading new svg and they were crashing the program. Since I stopped, the program stoped crashing so much. It still does and the error "you are already logged in another machine" still appears but it's not bothering me anymore. I'm still testing everything so, i'm going to try mike's recommendation on svg uploading.

Thank you very much!

the login problem here is crazy. I just did an update and it cant login.
eroor message is "without an internet connection you can only login with your last used details". First, I have internet connection and secondly, I am using my last used details. Im not sure any more. I have rebooted my computer and same problem

Hi Daniel,

Please can you try the following:

Turn your router off for 30 seconds, turn it on again and try logging in again.

Try logging in to VideoScribe from another computer and see if you get the same error.

If you are using a Windows PC:

I have attached two videos to assist you in checking you have the correct security protocol (TLS) enabled and how to clear the previous cache.

Please watch the videos and following them to do the same on your computer.

Please also ensure that VideoScribe is closed before doing this and remember to restart your computer afterwards.

If you are using a Mac:

Please ensure that you have the latest OS X updates and try restarting and trying again.

Thankyou Matthew. I dont have another computer to try it on at the moment. I have watched the videos and followed the steps but im still running into the same problem. If there is something else I can do?

I tried logging in another computer and it worked. Now im getting a different error message. It say my username and password are not correct.

Hi Daniel,
Make sure your capslock is turned off and your numlock is on (if you are using the numeric keypad to enter any numbers). Then completely delete and retype the correct username and password on the login screen.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment