VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

My scribe crashes all the time

When my scribe reaches a specific point when I play it crashes. I have tried the trouble shooting described in here, but nothing seems to work. The problem occurs, when I use a lot of text and a little zoom. 

Can anyone help?

My scribe is available online and is called frivilligjob.dk and is also attached in this post

Thorbjørn

Hi,

In my thread: Videoscribe freezes or crashes (opening, playing, working, saving or rendering) I mention some specific guidelines for images and camera settings that I believe can prevent most crashing problems.

I looked at your scribe. At least one element in your scribe is zoomed in to 2883% and that is probably enough to cause a freeze or crash. At least one other element is also over 2000%

I'd recommend using camera settings between 50% and 500% if possible, but even keeping them under 1000% might be sufficient to prevent problems. I didn't really examine at your individual image files but if they are all library images and text then they should be fine.

The official support thread for freezing and crashing is here: Crashing and freezing – VideoScribe free, Pro and Edu licences

and customer support may be able to provide additional insights.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hey Mike

Thank you for your help :) I found out that there is a version 2.0 to the program. I upgraded and the new version seems to handle my VideoScribe very good.

If I experience future problems in 2.0 I will make sure to give your suggestions a try :)

Best 

Thorbjørn

The 10 minute video I've been working on will not let me work on it past 8 minutes.

When the problem first occurred it  stopped after it loaded 16% (I'm on a mac and it just spins and spins) I have to force quit to get out of it.

But now, as soon as I open it up, it is spinning. I only have 2 minutes to go I am so frustrated. Please help me. 

Emily

I take caution when dealing with any scribe that has voice over, lots of images and so on by creating smaller scribes and later using a movie editor to put them together. For example if I have a 12 minute scribe, I will probably create three 4 minutes scribes and  when done, use an editor to make it one movie.

Unless you have a very powerful computer, a complex scribe is going to start to crash around the 4 to 6 minute point. Most of my voice over projects has no text but uses all images which can be quite a memory load for my computer. Breaking it up in to smaller junks is the only way I can complete a complex project.

Emily,
As mentioned earlier in this thread, please use the links above to identify problems with your scribe and resolve them.

Or save you scribe online and tell support the name of it,

or attach it here to let other users take a look at it.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Emily, 

Sorry you're scribe is not loading.

There could be a number of reasons for this and it is not down to the length as suggested but most likely down to how much memory is being used.

There are ways to reduce the memory although I'm not going to assume this is the situation you are in.

If you can save a copy of your scribe to the online directory (cloud icon), we can take a look at this. 

Please can you raise a new support ticket with the name of the scribe once it is stored online and the details of your problem, we will be able to investigate.

Here is the direct link to log a ticket
http://help.videoscribe.co/support/tickets/new

Thanks, Joe

Login to post a comment