VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Videoscribe Will Not Launch?!

I have a pro account and have downloaded Videoscribe both at home and at my office.  At my office I was using V2 with no issues until literally yesterday when it suddenly decided not to launch for me anymore.  I double click or right click to open the program and it does nothing. 

We have tried restarting, and uninstalling and reinstalling it.  Nothing works! Any help?

Hi Dan

I'll drop you an email about this to see if we can get you going again

I wonder if this issue has been resolved.  I just upgraded to Version 2.0 (I'm a Pro user) and it will not launch at all.  I read another thread where the advise was to uninstall, empty the trash, and reinstall.  I've done that twice now, with rebooting included and it won't work.  I'm using a MacBook Pro with OS 10.7.5.

Is there a way to download an earlier version? I'm already behind on one of my projects.

Thank you in advance,

Gabe

You can download an earlier version at https://my.sparkol.com/versions.

You will need to remove version 2 first.

You will not be able to open scribes created in version 2 in version 1.

-Matt

I cannot open the free version at all. I am wondering if it is because it is the free version but am afraid to buy the pro version because if it won't open either then I've wasted time and money. I'm desperate to get started on my school project before it is too late. Hoping this software, if indeed I can get it to work for me, doesn't have too big a learning curve. Help Me!!!

mac or pc?
what operating system?
how much RAM?
did you successfully install videoscribe on your computer?
do you have a shortcut installed on your desktop?
do you get any error messages?

any other information you can provide that might help clarify the problem?

-Mike (videoscribe user)

It launched. Thanks for your reply. Now I'm just struggling with the whole thing. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to figure this out. :(

Hi Barbara,

Glad to hear you got it to launch, but sorry that you are having problems with using VideoScribe- if you need any help with using the different features in VideoScribe you may find these videos helpful, or you can log a support ticket if you have a specific problem you need help with.

I've installed to the latest version (2.0.2) and now videoscribe will not open at all. I can see it in the task manager but the application fails to launch

If you are using windows, this thread about the upgraded security settings may help:  Windows users – trouble logging in to VideoScribe?

(also try rebooting)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

i download free version i try to install but its n9ot open,,, i restart my pc  and download again but nothing happens

If you are using windows, this thread about the upgraded security settings may help:  Windows users – trouble logging in to VideoScribe?

If you are on a school or work computer, that has any limitations on which folders you can save to, that may cause problems.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Nope. The issue was never fixed, the program never started up again for me anyway and the "fix" wipes all data. The program is just Very very buggy. I would use it a lot more if it wasn't. As it stands I am likely to cancel it.

downloaded Videoscribe both at home and at my office.  At my office I was using V2 with no issues until literally yesterday when it suddenly decided not to launch for me anymore.  I double click or right click to open the program and it does nothing. 

We have tried restarting, and uninstalling and reinstalling it.  Nothing works! Any help?

Hi

What is the name of the file that you are double clicking or right-clicking?
(In the past I have read of people trying to open videoscribe by double-clicking a scribe work file. instead of the application shortcut. But that does is not intended to work)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Comments to this discussion are now closed!