VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

adding an image without videoscribe converting it to a line drawing

Hi! How do you add your own image without videoscribe converting it to a line drawing?

2 people have this question

I'm having the same problem. Trying to replace an image. It coverts to line drawing automatically. I see no place to select 'drawing style.' 

I'm using version 2.2.4

1) If you do not get the below menu when replacing an image, then try deleting the old image and importing the new one. When you import an image you will see this menu:

Disregard the fact that this menu says "convert to line drawing" (I think it should say something more like "drawing styles" instead)  click the bottom middle style option which will just "reveal" the image with a few hand movements but will NOT draw any sketchy lines over it.

2) As mentioned before, an alternative is to change the animation type from "draw" to "move-in" in the image's properties . This will make the image move  onto the canvas instead of being "drawn" or "revealed"

3) a third option is to change the animation time to zero so the image will just appear instantly without being drawn or moved in

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Great suggestions Mike, and thanks for the tips. 

Alison

Mike i try everything you mention and when I do my image comes in with the opacity lowered! I have had it with this piece of junk software! First we had the issue where the text was blurry which has yet to be rectified then there was some other issue and now I have this problem! Too many problems with weak solutions that do not work. i'd ask for my money back if it's not too late! 

Hi Shaun,
If your opacity is lowered, the setting for that is on the image properties menu and it should be 100% by default. You may have unintentionally changed it.

However I suspect the problem is something different. Your description of the problem and your description of what you have tried are not detailed enough for me to offer any troubleshooting suggestions. If you want to export your work as a .scribe file and attach it here, I could take a look at it.

Otherwise you may want to save your work online and tell customer support the name of it so they can look at it.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment