VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

fill shape with colour

Hi

I'm sure I used to be able to fill images with colour in the old version using 'solid'. But I just can't find a way to do it with the new version. I'm trying to colour a circle from the shapes library, but all it does is colour the outline. How do I make a red circle?

Thanks!

Susanne

2 people have this question

Hi Susanne,

you can achieve this effect in version 2.

Select the image you would like to fill in the element tray at the bottom.

Click on the element properties icon.

In the image properties window change the Full colour option by clicking on the plus or minus symbol.

Change it to silhouette and then change the colour by clicking on the coloured square at the bottom right of the preview window.

Yes, I tried that. I assume you can access my scribes when saved online. This one is called 'Protective v.3'. You can see that the circles will only colour on the outside, but won't fill.

Thanks!

So...it depends on what you want to fill. I just tried the book (in 'Household' amongst others). Your method works for this object. Perhaps it doesn't work for shapes???

Hi Suzanne

You're right.  The method works to 'fill' what's already there: so with the circle you originally looked at, we don't have anything in the middle of it but for the book, it's got a middle.

For the circle, and others like it, there is another method you can use:

-export the image ouit of VideoScribe as an SVG (put it on the canvas, right click, choose 'export to SVG')

-open in an SVG editor (inkscape or Adobe Illustrator, for example)

-add your own fill

-save as a new SVG and import in the usual way you would import an image from your machine.

Thanks Ian - yes, I have been exporting to Inkskape and filling - just thought there might be a workaround I hadn't discovered. So the rule of thumb is that there has to be something 'there'? How do I know there is something 'there' when I'm choosing an image? The book looks as empty as the circle!

cheers
Susanne

There are some images of the globe in the 'World Around Us' library that you could use instead.

Login to post a comment