VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Problem with save function changing the location of text

I am reposting this question as it did not get satisfactorily resolved:

here is the issue. I made an intro scribe - I saved it 4 maybe 5 times and it did not save the changes! But it did save the file on-line, and it saved the scribe...but none of them with the changes I made. I repeated this 4 times - on the pc - change scribe, save online. close. Open other computer, log in, open on line version, no changes. I have attached the scribe. Note the title is Flo then nothing, late I add the w for flow - and I replace it 3 times until it is correct...sort of stupid, but interesting way to grab attention...but the cloud is over the o and regardless of the number of times I align and fix the camera correctly, (checking that it plays right) when I save it, it always reverts to the incorrect version....I don't want the cloud to cover up any letter but the w -

----------------------------------IAN replied as below----------------------------------------------------------
Hi JP
This is peculiar. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I've isolated the issue to the save point of your process:

-open scribe

-re-align

-save, close re-open

-it's back where it was

Right now I'm having trouble getting you a fixed version. My best suggestion is to finish your scribe until you are ready to render, then make the adjustments (the easiest adjustment is to move the 'flo'!), save and then render - it's the close and re-open that messes it up.

I know this isn't going to help your scribe, but I have raised it with our development to get to the bottom of it and fix it.

I hope you can work with this in the meantime.

Best wishes,

Ian

VideoScribe support team

------------------------------

To add a comment to your question, simply reply to this email.

Or comment on your question on the VideoScribe website.

I posted this question a few weeks ago - there was no real answer, just a note to say, yes the problem was reproduced and no real solution. I tried to comment on my original question, but its closed and so I am reposting this.

On Wed, 16 Jul at 4:23 am  , JP Robinson <jpr@flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu> wrote:

its actually 2.01 or 2.1 you dont have this option.

here is the issue. I made an intro scribe - I saved ti 4 maybe 5 times and it did not save the changes! But it did save the file on line, and it saved the scribe...but none of them with the changes I made. I repeated this 4 times - on the pc - change scribe, save online. close. Open other computer, log in, open on line version, no changes. I have attached the scribe. Note the title is Flo then nothing, late I add the w for flow - and I replace it 3 times until it is correct...sort of stupid, but interesting way to grab attention...but the clous is over the o and regardless of the number of times I align and fix the camera correctly, (checking that it plays right) when I save it, it always reverts to the incorrect version....I dont want the cloud to cover up any letter but the w -

Hi JP, Sorry you have this issue. We have confirmed there is a bug in version 2.0.1 that does this to text when saving a scribe.

The current and only work around would be to set the alignment of the text before you render.

When you save it will happen again unfortunately.

We are working on a fix for this and are working towards getting this version released as soon as possible,

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Joe

Login to post a comment