VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Scribe background changing colour

About a post on TIPS by Max on 8 May 2014, I still do not get how to change the background colour.

Does anybody know exactly how to do it?

How can we add a really big block of the colour behind the objects???

Hi,

To change the background color for the whole scribe, click the paper icon at the top of the scribe. You can only set one background color for the whole scribe

to import large blocks of color, find color images online or make them in illustrator or inkscape and then import them like regular images and scale them to whatever size you want.

-Mike(videoscribe user)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for a quick reply! But I do know how to change one background color "for the whole scribe".

What I want is to change it "midway".... just like one in the post by Max.

Looks like importing large blocks of color is only way to do it....

Do you have a link to that thread? I believe they said that the colors were edited together from separate videos using a video editing program.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Here is the link to the post..

http://www.sparkol.com/blog/how-we-did-the-morphing-in-our-new-explainer-video/

Thanks.

The effect was indeed created with blocks of colour imported as images:

"For each change of background colour we used three images:

The original of the projector that is already in the scribe

One with the lens in a certain colour (slightly transparent)

One which is the projector, with the same lens in place over the top and a really big block of the same colour added behind the projector."

Max explains how to create this effect:

"Firstly I positioned the projector in the middle of the screen, then had the image of the lens move into position on top of the projector. This part was done using a morph between two copies of the same image – one off the screen and one in final position.

As soon as the lens moved into position over the projector, I had the final image of the projector on a big block of colour appear instantly (we had to create the whole scene again because each new image you add into VideoScribe is placed on top of everything else).

We set the timings for the last image as low as we could so that it would appear as soon as the projector lens has moved into place, and so give the appearance of the background changing colour as the lens moves onto the projector."

Regards,

Matthew

Hi Yu,

I have had a look at the Video and the background colour is part of the image being used.

I'm not sure how to explain it differently from what max has advised so I will add the information here.

If you can tell me which part you're not too sure about, it will help getting you in the right direction.

For each change of background colour we used three images: 
The original of the projector that is already in the scribe 
One with the lens in a certain colour (slightly transparent) 
One which is the projector, with the same lens in place over the top and a really big block of the same colour added behind the projector. 
Firstly I positioned the projector in the middle of the screen, then had the image of the lens move into position on top of the projector. This part was done using a morph between two copies of the same image – one off the screen and one in final position. 

As soon as the lens moved into position over the projector, I had the final image of the projector on a big block of colour appear instantly (we had to create the whole scene again because each new image you add into VideoScribe is placed on top of everything else). 
We set the timings for the last image as low as we could so that it would appear as soon as the projector lens has moved into place, and so give the appearance of the background changing colour as the lens moves onto the projector. 
We then repeated this process twice more with two different colours, making a lens image and the block of colour image for each of the different colours. 

Thanks, Joe

Hi Joe,

Maybe I am not too sure about a big block of colour image... What is that?

Where / how can I get it?

Best regards,

Hi Yu,

you can use a square image from the image library - if you search for flag you will find a red banner.

Put the red banner image onto the canvas and click on the image so it is selected.

In the timeline click on the 'Image properties' icon of that image .

Here you will be able to change from full colour to Silhouette by clicking on the minus symbol.

Then you can change the colour then to any colour you wish by clicking on the black square in the bottom right of the preview window.

Now you can resize the image so it covers all the area of the canvas you want and put it to the back of the other images/text so it appears behind.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

This helped! Now I get it. 

Thanks!!

Login to post a comment