Attach audio files to elements and audio track in timeline (RR-601)

• Hi, is there a way to attach multiple music files (voice or music) to scenes at the story board?  This would be fantastic.

In my imagination, there would be a separate audio layer which runs parallel to the story board. We would be able to add different audio files, attached to a single scene. The advantage is that we doesn't have to stretch the scenes (or audio) if we extend the scenes multiple times => and Image + Audio would be synchronous at all time.

For example:  I use a introduction scene without audio. Then background music starts at the second scene and stops after this scene is finished. Another file then uses voice over for some explanations. It is needlessly complicated to edit a audio file with an external editor just to match the storyboard (which is probably changed a 100 times during creation).

Thanks!

PS: English is not my mother language, hopefully it came clear what i'm talkign about :-)

110 people like this idea
  • Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Currently you can only import one music soundtrack and one voiceover into a scribe, and these will automatically play from the beginning of the scribe, but we are looking at how we can improve the way sound works in future releases.

• this is great feature to consider, adding sound effect to separate slides.

• Hello, how to add a music file to my videoscribe, when i click on add music option, the window is empty. how can i load external music files? help me

Thank you.

• This is how my windows comes, when i click on add music file - http://prntscr.com/59aqx1

Guide me, 

• This is just a guess, but if you are working offline, the library may not load. Do you have an internet connection?

Customer support may have some other suggestions for you.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi Shanmuga,

The following information may help solve your problem if you are using VideoScribe on a work or school network.

Some offices and schools have network, security and permission restrictions that will affect the installation and use of new software. Please speak to your network administrator about the restrictions.

VideoScribe information for network administratorsDomains

To use VideoScribe you will need to be able to connect to the following domains either directly or via a proxy:

Subdomains of sparkol.com (e.g. www.sparkol.com) on port 80. In future we will also use port 443.sparkol-share.s3.amazonaws.com (port 80/443)s3.amazonaws.com (port 80/443)File save location

Users will need to be able to save files in the local AppData folder in: C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming

You will need to ensure that the users profile is configured to point to this folder location.

Other considerationsIf you are using a proxy, please check if there are any limits on size of uploads as this may affect saving files onlineIn Windows, VideoScribe should use the proxy server settings from Internet ExplorerIf you are able to connect to the relevant domains with Internet Explorer without having to enter credentials, VideoScribe should workYou may need to add the VideoScribe application as an exception on any antivirus or firewall softwareAn administrator may need to install VideoScribeEnsure you’re using service pack 3 at least, if running VideoScribe on Windows XP

Minimum system requirements

• I would definitely like to see the sound file solution suggested by Florian Rapp implemented.

Florian's suggestion was to allow a separate audio to be uploaded for each Scene - this is exactly what I would like to see. I can see ways to work around the audio issue, but every one of them requires quite a bit of fiddly timing adjustments.

I love your software, but the audio script functions do need work to make it easier to synchronize audio and video for timing. 

Im a Camtasia user, and I may end up exporting my video file and then recording the audio and matching them up in Camtasia, but I anticipate that it's going to be awkward.     

• Hey guys,

My name is Om Gharote and I am from India.

I just want to appreciate your work. You are awesome..! I love your software only request give more feature for audio script function and voice over.

I have also same request which is suggested by Florian Rapp.

I would say thank you very much for the Yearly Subscription price which is in budget for normal single user.

Looking for more feature in future.

Regards

Om Gharote

• Love the software but agree on the need for more audio tracks per Scribe. I can see having an intro, followed by main presentation, and finally a closing track. Really just need ability to string audio together sequentially. I'm sure others may say you need parallel 'layered' tracks, but I think a sequential/serial approach would be a great start. Love the software. Great job.
  • Voice over feature should develop in coming future

• I LOVE the idea of grouping items into a scene and adding voice overs + music by scene.

Also, I would like to recommend that ya'll add a basic sound editor for voice overs, perhaps with some effects.

• Yes..Having voice tracks or even the ability to have a property on an object to record/insert an audio file would be great! 

A much needed feature to produce animated videos faster and more efficiently.

• Thumbs up Mark Krukowski!

The ability to attach a sound to a single object would give so much power!

Instead of a whole square representing the object, the lower part of the square should be colored in green (or whatever), and that would represent the audio sound played with the object.

• hi, are there news about "attach multiple music files (voice or music) to scenes at the story board?"   

Login to post a comment