VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic
Answered

Zoom

Hi, I am trying to upload my scribe to youtube for an assignment that I am doing. However, I am unable to due to the zoom settings. I have unchecked the zoom box, but I still cannot render the scribe.

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi,

unchecking the zoom at end? checkbox will mean the camera will not zoom out to show all elements at the end of the scribe.

It will not solve problems with the scribe that are caused by extreme zoom.

To remedy issues related to this "keep your camera zoom approximately in the 25%-500% range for EVERY element. 

After you add any element, immediately click "set camera" then scale or move the element as desired. 

You can set the camera again if needed. 

Do this for every element you add in order to avoid accidental zooming which may become worse with each element (when you zoom in and out, you should see a little blue tab in the lower left corner of the canvas showing your current zoom level)."

These instructions are taken from a post entitled 'Videoscribe freezes, crashes or behaves erratically (opening, playing, working, saving, rendering or uploading)'.

You should take a look at the post and see if any of the things mentioned there are affecting you and adjust your scribe.

If you like you can save your scribe online and I can take a look.

-Matt

Answer

Hi,

unchecking the zoom at end? checkbox will mean the camera will not zoom out to show all elements at the end of the scribe.

It will not solve problems with the scribe that are caused by extreme zoom.

To remedy issues related to this "keep your camera zoom approximately in the 25%-500% range for EVERY element. 

After you add any element, immediately click "set camera" then scale or move the element as desired. 

You can set the camera again if needed. 

Do this for every element you add in order to avoid accidental zooming which may become worse with each element (when you zoom in and out, you should see a little blue tab in the lower left corner of the canvas showing your current zoom level)."

These instructions are taken from a post entitled 'Videoscribe freezes, crashes or behaves erratically (opening, playing, working, saving, rendering or uploading)'.

You should take a look at the post and see if any of the things mentioned there are affecting you and adjust your scribe.

If you like you can save your scribe online and I can take a look.

-Matt

I have saved my scribe online, could you please take a look at it.

thanks

also, is the scribe still available to watch after the free trial ends?

Hi,
1) (support does not work on the weekends.)
2) If you have more than one scribe saved online, be sure and tell them the name of the one they should look at.
3) You must have an active free trial or paid membership to open or work on scribes.
4) If you export your scribe work file and attach it here, other members may be able to look at it for you.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Priscilla,

I have taken a look at your scribe and there are some elements that are very small when zoomed out.

If you click on the 'zoom out to view all elements' icon  you will see that the elements on the right where it says "You should ask nicely to join in" are very small and almost invisible.

The elements at the beginning of the scribe are a good size and you should resize the rest of them to be a similar size.

When the camera is viewing the first element (Welcome teachers) the zoom is at about 140% - this is good.

The later images get larger and then there are some smaller ones right at the end.

You will need to reduce the size of the elements in the middle of the scribe so they match the size of the ones at the beginning.

-Matt

Login to post a comment