PPT to Where?

• When creating a PowerPoint version, where is is saved on my computer.  I tried searching for all PPoint  shows on my hard drive.  Nothing there!

I need to know to which folder are PPT files saved.

2 people have this question
  •  Same with me on this one, when I export to PPT nothing happens and I totally feel like what's the point?

• I found somewhere on here that for PC users, it is supposed to be in  C:\\users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\VideoScribeDesktop\LocalStore

I went there - no file.   {frustrated}

• Hi,

The location indicated by Gary is the location of videoscribe work files. Exported video and ppt files are not saved there.

When you choose powerpoint as your export type, videoscribe renders the video then prompts you to choose a destination folder and file name (if the file has been created successfully)

If videoscribe is unable to export the file successfully for some reason, or takes a long time,  then I would recommend searching some of the many threads about how videoscribe freezes when opening saving or rendering video. You can also search specifically for threads about powerpoint. You may also find some information in the instant answers section.

SOURCE: when I choose powerpoint export in version 2.02, videoscribe prompts me to choose a destination folder and file name.
    videoscribe-2-0-known-bugs
    Videoscribe freezes, crashes, fails to save video, or behaves erratically.

Hope that helps,
    Mike (videoscribe user)

• I re-exported to PPT again.  After the 30 mins or so, I just let it sit.  After a while I finally got the prompt to save in a folder of my choice.  All set now - good luck Benny!

Gary

• Hi Gary, glad to hear that you got it working.

Benny- did you manage to resolve the issue? Please let us know if you are still having problems with this and we will be able to help you out accordingly.

• i regret so much for using this in the first place. its been a week since i try it everyday hoping that i would found my exported powerpoint file. no progress until now.

everytime i look for the folder which i selected as the location for my powerpoint presentation, I CANNNOT FIND IT!!! ITS NOT THERE!!
    MAYBE THE REASON IS WHEN I SAVED IT, THE ONLY OPTION AVAILABLE IS "ALL FILES" WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE "POWERPOINT FILE". HOW IS THAT?!

THIS IS REALLLLLY FRUSTRATING. AND NOW I GIVE TO THIS !@#$%^&

• Hi Fely,
    1) Are you clicking the render icon:
    and then clicking the red powerpoint icon with the P on it to export to powerpoint?

2) As a test, you might want to make a new scribe with just one image and try to export it as a PPT.

If you can do that successfully, then your longer scribe may have some problems that need to be addressed (see my previous reply in this thread)

3) you can also save your work online and RAISE a TICKET and tell customer support the name of the scribe if you want them to look at it for you.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi Fely,

If you are still having issues with this please do as Mike said and save your work online, RAISE a TICKET, tell us the name of the scribe and we can look at it for you.

• Hi, I have the same problem as Fely. Could you help please?

• Hi,
    You should do what Fely was told to do.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hey Mike, thanks for replying.

Yup, I tried with the shorter version and it works but it doesn't work with my longer scribe, what do I do now?

• Hi,
    It is likely that your scribe either contains oversized images or large camera movements (or possibly other problems) which can use a lot of extra memory and prevent the scribe from exporting properly. 

1) As Matthew suggested , you can save your scribe online, RAISE a TICKET and tell support the name of it and they will take a look at it.

Or

2) as I suggested earlier in this thread, you can refer to the following post:
    Videoscribe freezes, crashes, fails to save video, or behaves erratically. 
    to troubleshoot the problem yourself.

Hope that helps!
    -Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment