Notes from a video/design professional

• Hi, I'm a professional corporate video producer and graphic artist and was looking for a more efficient answer to creating animations for video and presentations than After Effects. I love what you've created here, and it has already paid for itself in the time it has saved me. While spending time in the program, I've taken note of several features that would be extremely useful or make working in the program even more efficient:

• The ability to delete an element/event in the timeline by selecting it and hitting "Delete" on the keyboard. Currently, it takes 4 clicks (element > properties > trash can icon > confirm) just to do a simple delete.
    • The ability to delete or reorder multiple elements in the timeline at once.
    • The ability to have multiple events happen simultaneously - perhaps timeline layers. And since camera movement is defined by individual elements as opposed to being autonomous, maybe (with timeline layers) the camera could be locked to follow elements only on the primary layer. Multiple simultaneous image drawing/morphing is a must though, however you choose to enable it.
    • The option to undo/redo. I've never seen this missing from the Edit menu of any software. Crucial in digital design.
    • I'll add my vote to the already overwhelming request for the ability to morph text! And being able to morph an image without loosing the color, especially if it's all vector art.
    • The ability to scale elements UN-proportionately.
    • The ability to hit Enter/Return on the keyboard in place of clicking the check mark. 
    • The ability to copy settings (properties) from one element to another.
    • The option to view the canvas as it looks from a particular point in the timeline (as opposed to, say, having several morphs and seeing ALL the elements up on the screen at once, or loosing the ability to see the layout of your elements anymore after adding a "scribble out" over them).
    • The ability to "paste in place," and/or snapping.
    • Another major complaint I'll add my vote for is text resolution improvement. We're working with vector fonts here, aren't we? What reason should there be  to not have infinite resolution?
    • Need the "scribble out" to be a true erase, as opposed to a white out. As-is, it prevents one from using it with anything but a white background.
    • The ability to render with an alpha channel (transparent background) as to allow use of the scribe over video, etc. in other programs.

Thanks for your consideration.

2 people like this idea
  • Hi Diana, thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

It would be good if you have a separate post for each suggestion.

The way the ideas and feature request page work is that an idea it put up and users vote on it.

This will be difficult for people to do if you have multiple suggestions.

Some of the suggestions you have posted up are currently features:

The ability to delete an element/event in the timeline by selecting it and hitting "Delete" on the keyboard.

The ability to delete or reorder multiple elements in the timeline at once.

The option to undo/redo. I've never seen this missing from the Edit menu of any software.

The ability to copy settings (properties) from one element to another.

The option to view the canvas as it looks from a particular point in the timeline

The ability to render with an alpha channel (transparent background) as to allow use of the scribe over video, etc. in other programs. (PNG Sequence)

You may find the Core Tutorials and the accompanying Worksheets helpful to you to explore the features of VideoScribe.

If you are finding you're having issues with any of the features already part of VideoScribe, please Create A New Support Ticket and we will be able to assist you.

Best wishes.

Login to post a comment