Videoscribe freezes when I go to 'add image'!

• Hi,

I'm getting pretty desperate after not getting a ticket answered.

I'm working on a Mac and when I come to 'add image' to an existing scribe it just crashes. (Everything was working fine on Friday.) I've tried rebooting and the same problem keeps occurring.

Also updated to the latest version and also updated Adobe Air.

It's definitely a library loading problem as when I use 'Force Quit' it appears for a split second.

With a deadline looming I would really appreciate a quick answer from anyone who may have a solution. PLEASE!!!!!

Richard

2 people have this question
  • This is just a guess...If you are trying to add an image from a folder you have created that contains hundreds of images or lots of oversized images, that might crash the machine. I'd recommend categorizing your images into smaller folders like "business people","kids playing", "vehicles", "pets", etc.

Another possibility is that the images in your scribe are too large (or camera zooming is excessive) and you are just running out of memory. (videoscribe can only use about 1.7 GB of memory I believe. If that is the case, try optimizing your images and keeping your camera settings moderate: TIPS to Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

If you want specific feedback on your scribe, save it online and tell support the name of it.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• It may be that it has run out of memory. That was my problem with freezing. I didn't realize that I had left the image size really high and all subsequent images were added at that which quickly gobbled up memory.

• Thanks Danielle - I'll see what I can do!

• Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions - I'll give them a try.

I'm totally stressed out as the scribe I was working on was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Support has been zero so far from them - so I really appreciate you taking the time with your suggestions.

Richard

• Hi Richard,

I have responded to your support ticket. Please check your email for further instructions. 

• I have a PC and tried to add image and keeps locking before I can even select a file.  Need help now. It will not even let me get to a folder to select an image, just keeps locking up for 2 days now.

• Hi Jeff,

My problem was because my .svg file was too large. In fact it was about 30-40MB! I don't know how it became to be so big but I think it was because it was originally a Photoshop file that I traced in Illustrator. 

Check the file size of yours.

Best wishes, Richard

Login to post a comment