VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Transparent video overlays

I recently purchased the new software "Explaindio". It's main feature is to animate your scribes on top of videos, which is something I've been doing with Sparkol ever since I joined some time ago. My question or idea is... If sparkol could produce a transparent background we can do our scribes on, it would  make it so much easier and faster than the steps I have to take to get that effect. 

3 people like this idea

Hi Frederick,

you can export your scribe as PNG sequences and the background of each PNG image will be transparent.

There is a post on our blog that explains how to do this entitled 'How to overlay video with hand-drawn animation'

Easy sketch also offers this

Another issue... I am attempting to export png image sequences with transparency, and although
some transparency is preserved there seems to be an opaque layer of paper texture in the images,
such that it is not a true transparency.  Is there a way to export png's with true transparency and
not the paper texture/distress? 

You can see in this screen shot that I have a png export in photoshop above a layer
of solid black.  However, it doesn't appear solid black under the image,
it is a sort of gray, with paper texture, resulting from the texture/distress of the export.
How can I avoid this?  this is crucial to my success with this project.

The link to the video provided in the thread above is dead.

thanks,
Brian

Hi,
I think the second option on the paper menu is "no texture"

make sure you have that selected.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try!

Login to post a comment