VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Timeline issues

My timeline on one of my scribes has literally disapeared, is a reason why ? 

Hi,

1) Are you in playback (preview) mode? press the stop button at the bottom of the screen to exit preview mode.
2) if you are using videoscribe in a window instead of full screen change to full-screen.
3) otherwise please provide a screenshot of the symptom.

Hope that helps,
Mike (videoscribe user)

I´m so sorry, but I have the same problem. I´m using videoscribe in full creen, and yesterday, suddently, my timeline disapeared!!!!.  But, there´s another question: a notice indicating me problems with the level of zoom.

This is my timeline:

This is the place where I have a notice:

And this is the message:

Could they be related?

Probably,

Excessive image sizes and excessive camera settings (zoom) are both associated with out-of-memory problems which are known to cause freezing, crashing and timeline problems.

related thread about identifying and solving scribe problems: TIPS to Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Sorry you're having timeline issues.

We probably need to take a look at the scribe itself.

Here is the direct link to log a support ticket.

If you can raise a ticket and save a copy of your scribe to the online directory

we can take a look at it.

I just had this same problem. Been using this awhile, one big thing I did different was use gray-scale images.

To resolve issues with missing timelines please select all elements on the scribe Ctrl+A (PC) or Cmd+A (Mac) and copy them (Ctrl/Cmd+C). Then exit from the current scribe back to the projects screen and create a new scribe and past the elements into the new scribe (Ctrl/Cmd+V). The elements will be pasted onto the canvas and they should appear in the timeline too. You may notice that some elements on the timeline are showing up as blank. These elements are usually the ones that cause the timeline to disappear and should be removed from the scribe.

If you need to copy all these elements back into the original scribe, save the new scribe go in to the original, delete all the elements, save the scribe and copy them back in from the new scribe you created.

THX Matthew. That worked well to me.

Ok, Matthew, workaround/waggabound does work, but will this bug be fixed and when? The waggabound doesn't save voiceover settings, vignette and paper options... So the bug must be fixed, and most likely it will automatically go away, when you finally away from AdobeAir to functional and stable (means reliavle) dev platform.

Hi Victor,

If you have voiceover or different papers etc you can delete the images from the canvas on the original scribe, save with a different name open up the new scribe you created, copy everything again and paste it all back into the original.

We have found that this issue can occur when trying to write lettering that is unsupported by the font being used. For example, if you were to try pasting Cyrillic characters into the add text box and use the Basic font (the default font in VideoScribe) the timeline would disappear. The Basic font does not support Cyrillic characters and this is the reason for the issue. To avoid this issue in this example you would need to use a font that supports Cyrillic characters such as Arial.

We are currently working on adding more character support for the Basic font that will help further to avoid this issue.

Login to post a comment