Voice over sound not working

•  Hi,

I have just upgraded to your latest version and started a new video project. I created a few first images and then recorded a 2min 22sec voice over and it shows it's there but when I start to play my video I cannot hear any of my voice over sound...

Please help!

Thank you very much!

• Please make sure that you save your scribe and then close VideoScribe and reopen it again. Load up the scribe with the voiceover and check again that the voiceover is there and whether it plays or not. Also make sure that the volume is up on your speakers and that the volume control  is up on the voiceover section in VideoScribe. If you still cannot hear anything please save the scribe to your online directory, let us know the name and we can take a look for you.

• I cannot hear the voice over on my scribe. I've the scribe, shut down VideoScribe and restarted, I still cannot hear it, though the microphone icon is highlighted and the dialog box says a voice over exists.

When I import in an MP3 audio and play back, it works just fine. I've saved the scribe to my online box as FirstTry. Thanks

• 1) Do you have a microphone attached to your computer?

2) If you blow on your microphone, can you hear the sound over the speakers?

3) On the record menu, is a microphone listed at the top?

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Yes a mike is shown at the top.

I tried the audio recording with another software(Audacity) and it works perfectly.

• Hi!

I have exactly the same issue. Were you able to fix it?

Thanks!

• No I wasn't! It is still not fixed. I'm doing audio on Audacity instead!

• If you would like to save your scribes to the forum I would happily take a look for you see if I can record a voice over on them and it will allow us to narrow down the possible issues. If your microphone settings are working for Audacity they should work for VideoScribe though. May be worth uninstalling and re-installing the application to see if that clears the issue.

• Dear Barry,

I have the same problem as above. I don't hear my voiceover it is there, my sound is on, i have an inbuilt mic. But when I play the video in video scribe I just hear a short click and than silence. I also installed it en reinstalled it again.I hope you can help me. I just bought the program for a year :(. How do I save my scribe to the forum?

Marijne

• Marijne, You can either save it online and let us know what's it's called or export it and attach it to a forum post. Thanks, Barry

• I just exported my first scribe to a video file - MOV. I don't have audio. I just linked a music track. It plays fine within the program but it's not in the export. Did I do something wrong? How do I troubleshoot? And yes, speakers are on.

• you could:
    1) make a new scribe  about 5-10 seconds long and attach the same music and render it to see if that works.

2) in your longer scribe project,  try deleting the music track, saving the scribe, then adding the music again

3) report your results.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• if the short mov doesn't have sound, please attach it here.

you could also save your project as a .scribe file and attach it here if you want someone to have a look at it.
    or you could save it to the cloud and ask customer support to look at it.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• I am having the same problem. The scribe was working fine but now I have no audio voiceover sound, though my speakers are turned up and the voiceover volume is as well. I have saved and restarted with no luck.

• Hi Abe,

Please save a copy of the affected scribe to your online directory (cloud icon), let me know the name and I can take a look for you.

Login to post a comment