VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

How long does it usually take to upload a scribe on Youtube?

I'm using the trial version and have been trying to upload a scribe to Youtube. The video is no more than one and a half minute and still couldn't upload after an hour waiting, So I've tried it a couple of times more and waited almost the whole afternoon, but still was not uploaded.  Is this normal? 
And a suggestion: While waiting for the file to upload, somehow users can't work on other scribes. It could be more efficient if we could upload the file AND work on other scribes at the same time. 

Hi Lydia

Sorry you have this issue.

I would suggest that you rename the scribe and restart VideoScribe.

Once you have done this, please retry the upload.

If you still have the issue, please raise a support ticket and we can investigate further.

Rendering a video uses a lot of resources so you would not be able to render and scribe simultaneously.

I am facing the same issue and I just purchased v 2.1.1. I was on the trial version and when I tried rendering the video, it said "Preparing Video Information". I then decided to purchase the full version hoping it will work. To my amazement, it still shows the same message. It only renders when converting to a sequence of images and that does not fulfill the purpose of VideoScribing. How can I get this to work? Else may I get a refund? Thank you

Hi,

Rendering problems are often the result of oversize image files or extreme camera settings.

You could try what Joe mentioned in his post above, or you could save your scribe online and tell support the name of it if you want specific feedback.

If you want some community tips for preparing problem-free scribes: TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

You can also check the instant answers section for related threads.

Hope that helps,
Mike (videoscribe user)

I removed the imported images and still I am facing the same issue. It's unfortunate that this product does completely fulfill what it was created to do. There are way too many complications in using it and I believe that as a team it would have been better for you to review it before putting it on sale for such an expensive cost. I really expected something better. I understand you are still improving it,but as at now , it seems to be a rip off considering that lots of people are facing the same issue. Ill be cancelling my subscription and im wondering if i could get a refund. Thank you . :
The same is happening to me,  I have a project due in 2 days and I've been waiting for this video to upload for 3 hours and nothing,( i thought it was because of the free trail but i guess not) its around 5 mins and idk what to do :(

HELP ANYONE!!

Hi Vanessa,
1) Read Joe's suggestion above, and follow his instructions.

2) If you want to troubleshoot the problem yourself, read my previous post above, and follow the list of tips at the link I provided.

(You have to either attach your scribe work file here or save it online if you want anyone to provide specific help identifying what is wrong with your scribe.)

(Same goes for Jacky)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

It just won't save, I have under 4 hours and I'm sooo fustrated When I tired to upload it on YouTube i waited 400 mins only for the software to say that I don't even an internet connection to upload it to YouTube.. And then I tried to save it online and again I waited and it said I don't have an Internet connection At this point I don't know what to do anymore.... It just won't save and my free trial is running out To say I'm disappointed would be the least

here is a screenshot

Hi Vanessa, I understand exactly what you're going through. I faced the same problem with the software. Thinking it was because I had the trial version, I went ahead to purchasing a monthly subscription which I regret doing as my work still was not getting uploaded. I tried everything that was suggested to me (Change the name of the file, uninstall and install again, reboot the computer, get rid of images that were downloaded from the internet) but it still didn't work. Then i finally decided to get rid of the background music and when I did I could save it on my computer. I then had to open it on final cut pro and add the background music. Honestly, this software may be great, but I believe more work should be done as customer experience is not excellent. There are way too many issues that have to be resolved before putting it up for such an expensive fee. I was disappointed , cancelled my subscription and certainly won't be renewing it anymore. You can try getting rid of the background music and editing it again on imovie or final cut pro. Hopefully it works for you. Goodluck Vanessa.
Hi Vanessa,
I can see by looking at the thumbnail images of your other saved scribes that you tend to build them in a loooong horizontal line. If videoscribe is set to zoom out at the end to view all of the elements (or maybe even with that setting disabled), the change in magnification will probably be enough to cause a crash or a freeze (or prevent rendering).

If you can try to arrange them into more of a square or rectangular area instead of a long line, that MIGHT resolve your problem.

There might be some other problem at work, but that looks like a problem that you could try to address pretty easily.  Try to keep your zoom (magnification) level between about 50% and 500% if possible.

I don't know why videoscribe thinks you are offline. support might be able to answer that.

Even if you can only save locally, exporting your work as a .scribe file and uploading it here is still an option I believe: import-and-export-scribes

-Mike (videoscribe user)

A new thread popped up which suggests you might be able to resolve the internet connection issue by adjusting one or more setting in Internet Explorer:
http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000050780

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment