Cannot bring back the 'Outline' font in v2.1.1

• I'm having a problem with the 'Outline' font not appearing in the latest version. The work around that was successful previously (opening an older scribe that used the 'Outline' font), hasn't worked at all.

'Marker', 'Block' and my previously installed fonts are present and accounted for.

Anybody else having this problem? Has the 'Outline' font been (tragically) phased out?

• I'm not sure but I think I read that you may have to use version 2.0.3 or older to import that font back.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi Deis,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have made a number of changes to the font import system in version 2.1 and later meaning that only the Basic font 

can be used in these versions. 

It will still work in version 2.0.3 as you describe.

An alternative would be to import another outline font.

There are many available online on website such as 1001 Free Fonts.

• I need a font that outline and filled in the same time to show it as filled with a hand.do you know one with both features.

• So you want a font that is drawn in as an outline and then the fill is coloured in afterwards?

I'm not aware of any fonts that would work that way. 

The only way I can think of doing this would be to create your text as an SVG image and you can then map out how you want it drawn by the hand. Our Create your own images page would take you through how to do that 

Login to post a comment