Writting in Different Languages

• Can I write in Japanese, Korean, Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese. 

Thanks.

302-427-1053

Sincerely,

Stephen Yurick

2 people have this question
  • Hi,

related threads:
    hebrew
    chinese

japanese

various languages using SVGs

Hope that helps,

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thanks.  So if I understand you correctly and from what I briefly read...I can add the particular language that was pre-written in--Korean, add that using SVGs and the 'hand' will write the words out in Korean?

Thanks.

• For many languages, (English, Spanish, German....) it may be easiest to import a font that includes all of the alphabet in that language, and type the text directly into videoscribe.

For any language that will not work well enough using that method, you can use adobe illustrator or inkscape (free at inkscape.org) to type words or phrases and save them as SVGs. There are two ways to make SVGs of text. One is easier and the other one looks better:
    M
    ethod one:
    use adobe illustrator (which can be purchased) or inkscape (available for FREE at inkscape.org) to type your words, convert them to a path, and then save them as an SVG. Then import the SVG into videoscribe. This method is simplest but videoscribe will probably draw the characters as outline and then fill them in. The process is explained in this: youtube video

Method two: This method is a little more complicated but it will make Videoscribe "draw" your characters more like the way it draws the default fonts. LINK: "Can I Make Other Fonts Draw Well?"

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thanks. Here's another question. Can the hand write from right to left?

• for videoscribe text there is a "draw backwards" option:

for SVGs videoscribe will draw them from right to left if you build them from right to left. It will probably work best with method two mentioned in my previous message.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thanks, but my version doesn't show me the 'Draw backwards' option??
    Thanks.

• What version number are you using?

• VideoScribe Pro

• Here is my Customer ref: A00005597,  hopefully it helps u determine my version.

• I don't have access to anyone's account information.

If the program is green and tan then it's version 1.x.x and if the colors are blue and white then it's version 2.x.x (where x represents the numbers of various updates.)

I think "draw backwards" is available in all of the version 2 updates.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Sorry for all the back and forth-- I definitely have version 2.0.3  I will look for the draw backwards again.
    The example you sent me of what the page looks like, is similar to my page but without the drawbacks.    
  • I think I am currently using version 2.1 but this blog article seems to indicate that the draw backwards feature should be present in the properties menu (for text typed into videoscribe as a text element)  in version 2.0 (including 2.0.3)
    http://www.sparkol.com/blog/blackboard-videos-image-filters-other-new-effects/

I hope you are able to find it and that it works for you,
    -Mike (videoscribe user)

• Let me write Korean font in video scribe.

• I do not think Korean language is natively supported by Videoscribe yet.

For any language that will not work well enough simply by importing a font and typing your characters, you can use adobe illustrator or inkscape (free at inkscape.org) to type words or phrases and save them as SVGs. There are two ways to make SVGs of text. One is easier and the other one looks better:

Method one: use adobe illustrator (which can be purchased) or inkscape (available for FREE at inkscape.org) to type your words, convert them to a path, and then save them as an SVG. Then import the SVG into videoscribe. This method is simplest but videoscribe will probably draw the characters as outline and then fill them in. The process is explained in this: youtube video

Method two: This method is a little more complicated but it will make Videoscribe "draw" your characters more like the way it draws the default fonts. LINK:  Make Any Font, Text or Equation Draw Well (2017)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment