VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

How to create continuous effect like video on Education page

Hello everyone,

I really liked the style of the video on the education page.

Specifically I liked the continuous effect - having one part of an object drawn, and then another. For instance, coloring the word "FUN" at the end, or the drawing of "communication".

I wondered if there is a "wise" way to do it, or is it just creating different SVG for every part of the object and adding it to the canvas?

Thanks,

Omer

Your link does not seem to work.
Do you mean: Education Page ?

Yes, I think you just need to make a separate SVG for each element you want drawn.

Support may have some more specific advice to offer, but I think it is as simple as that.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Sorry about the link, I meant:

http://www.videoscribe.co/education

Thanks for your response. I hope we get an answer from the VideoScribe team.

Whoops, I thought that's what I originally pasted into my link. I thought I even tested it... but either I pasted the wrong link or the videoscribe forum had a bug.

Since we can no longer edit our own posts here, just as a test I'm going to try to add a new link to this post:

http://www.videoscribe.co/education

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Thanks Mike.

I think we should wait for an official response from the team now :)

Sure thing. Sometimes support does not add a comment in community threads if they feel the question has been answered thoroughly (I'm not sure if that will be the case in this thread). If you want to contact support directly you can raise a ticket by clicking the "raise a ticket" link at the top of the page.

In the meantime, just to add a little more clarification...

You could either
A) make one big SVG that draws in whatever order you wish, or you could
B) make multiple SVGs and add them in sequence in videoscribe.

Those are the two most straightforward options I believe. Any time you want the camera to move you will need to have a new SVG to add a new camera setting. The benefit of having multiple SVGs instead of one big one, is that you can more precisely control the timing and pauses. The difficulty is that you have to line them up manually. Both methods would probably require you to make SVGs so if you have any questions about that:
Instant Answer: Create your own images
Community Tips: How to make SVGs draw well?

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Mike is correct, the whole scribe seen on the Education page is made using SVG images. Each time you see the hand disappear this is a separate image. So you can create the whole scribe as one single image so you have the spacing correct and then divide into separate pieces to import into VideoScribe.

Thank you both for your replies.

May I ask what you mean by "divide into separate pieces"? Do you create the image with different layers and then export different layer, or is there a better way to do it?

You can cut and paste each section onto a new artboard/page in your SVG editor so that you have a number of separate files and save as SVGs.

Login to post a comment