Kerning!! (RR-838)

Implemented
  • Really need kerning controls. When I imported Myriad Pro font the spacing on certain letters is off by a large amount. I tried making the type in Illustrator and importing it but I can 't get the letters to animate on unless I convert to outline (which looks terrible.

Leading isn't as necessary because you can make each line independent already.

40 people like this idea
  • I have the same problem with some fonts. It's most obvious when the word has letter f in it like offensive.
  • Same here.

png
  • I too have this problem.  The uppercase Y in Arial Black and the lowercase i.  

• A lot of work is currently being done to overhaul fonts for a future release. Watch this space!

• If it is at all possible, what we need is both controls for tracking (overall letterspacing) and kerning. This is so important in achieving a professional level of work.

Videoscribe did have some tracking control in the past, so I imagine that must be possible to add again. 

Please. Right now many of the fonts I use need to be brought in as svg drawings.  

Thanks!

• yeah. +1000

that typo-to-svg-to-import-to-reapply-stuff-thing costed me some serious time today....
    -______-

maybe there could be a desktopversion of the program that is more complex.

• YES! Please fix this. The kerning issues are really obvious on all fonts. For an app that has text at its foundation, typography should be a priority. My client is asking me to fix it and finding out there is no solution other than the unrealistic and time consuming Text>SVG workaround is disappointing. 

• Apparently the amount of LIKES the topic gets is important in terms of how the Sparkol team prioritizes issues. So if you comment on a topic, make sure to LIKE it as well.

• It does indeed, comments help as well but you can only add 1 like per person so gives us a good idea of the actual popularity at a glance.

• +1 from me !! I provide chalkboard videos to my clients and have to spend terrible amount of time to fix my fonts. This is so needed !

• LIKE from me. Spacing between words is not right; have to go back and put double spaces between many words to make it readable without squinting and concentrating.

Seems basic for a text based product! You've got a good product; please make it easier for us to use!

• This feature request has been assigned a reference of VS-2125

and will be updated when further information becomes available.

Please continue to upvote this post by clicking on the 'Do you like this idea?' text.

Thanks

Jonny

• Delighted this issue is getting attention. It's a serious problem.  

• Count me as +1 on all comments regarding fonts. Font handling is terrible in VideoScribe, ruining an otherwise really amazing program.