VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

moving elements along the timeline causes odd mouse behaviour

I am new to Videoscribe and  just starting to use version 2.1.2 on my iMac.

I get some odd effects when I move an element in the time line. 

Usually click to drag and size an element and the timeline is stable but having moved an element in the timeline by ctrl-clicking and choosing a move , when I then go to resize and move an element with the mouse I can no longer move it with the mouse but only the arrow keys. At the same time the timeline itself becomes very twitchy as the cursor gets near to it.

But worst still the element won't let go as normal and the size continues to change with all mouse moves even when setting the properties window if you can manage 

to open it. 

The only way to release the element is to CMD-click one of the brown size handles if you can manage to pin one down.

Only way to restore normality is to save the project,  exit and restart and all is OK.

Is there a way to move elements without this happening??

Copied from another post from Matthew:

Matthew Cook

said 4 days ago

You do not need to use the Ctrl key. If you need to right click (Ctrl+click is the only command in VideoScribe on a Mac that uses the Ctrl key and brings up the options menu and replaces right clicking), set your mouse up to right click instead of using Ctrl+click.

You can set your Apple mouse or trackpad up so that it right clicks thus avoiding issues related to using the ctrl button.

To set up your mouse:

1. Go to “System Preferences”

2. Click “Mouse” or “Trackpad”

3. Click “Secondary click” so the checkbox has a tick in it

Your mouse or trackpad is now set up to right click.

The Ctrl+click issue is still present in the current version.

Also you can just click and hold and then drag the elements in the timeline to move them, I believe.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Thanks Matthew.

Have set up the mouse as suggested and all appears fine.

Mike, the click, hold  and drag doesn't appear to work!

I shall press on...

Thanks again

Chris

Pressing CMD and using the arrow keys should work for moving a single highlighted element in the timeline.

Hi Fellas

Yes, both those work ok.

Thanks again

Login to post a comment