voiceover

• Hi everyone!

I have recorded a voiceover on video scribe but wanted to record more and add it on the end. is this possible or do i have to record it all in one go?

Please help asap!!!

• Hi,
    If you are recording directly into videoscribe then you can only record the whole thing at once and there is no option to save or edit it.

However if you record in another program (any audio program that will allow you to save the recording in MP3 format) you can edit the audio file and then save it as an MP3.

Joe's audacity tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REPM0EQdXLo
    and there may be other audio tutorials on their youtube page.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• thankyou!!

also i have another question... I am trying to save my video which i am still working on, to my online account. but when I press save it says that it cannot save and to check my internet connection. my internet is full bars and works very fast for everything else.. Why won't my work save!!! don't want to loose everything now!!!!

please someone help me out asap!

• Hi Bernadette,

Sorry you're having issues saving online.

This should work and I have tested this a few time and it seems to work.

You can also save locally and export the file.

I have attached a video to show you the different save options so you can create a back up of your project.

Perhaps there is an issue connecting to our servers where you are or a problem with the connection at the time?

Can you try power cycling your PC and Router after you have saved the scribe file?

Can you try creating a test scribe with a single image and saving this online, can you confirm if you get the same error message?

mp4
  • Bernadette, are you using a laptop with a wireless internet connection?

This is sort of a guess but I think videoscribe considers you "disconnected" if your network card goes into low power mode and then comes back on with a new IP address.

Saving your work locally, restarting videoscribe and then opening and saving your work online immediately MIGHT work. but I haven't tested it.  Disabling  power saving features or plugging your laptop into a power source might also prevent the problem in the future.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• hey guys,

it still won't save online and i have a feeling that it is because it is quite long (about 5.20) with a lot of content. Have saved it locally however it is a shame that i can't access it from any other device which has video scribe:(

thanks for trying

regards Bernadette.

• Hi Bernadette,
    1) The length and file weight probably would not prevent you from saving online if you are able to save locally.
    2) the error message you received suggests that maybe videoscribe does not think you are logged in to the servers at sparkol... or the software on the servers does not recognize you as a user that is currently logged in. (please see my previous reply)
    3) You didn't answer the questions in my previous reply.
    4) TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.
    5) If you don't resolve the problem, you can still export a .scribe file and transfer it to another computer using a USB drive or email. INSTANT ANSWERS: import-and-export-scribes

Good luck!

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• sorry! yes i am using a laptop with wireless wifi.

another thing that i cannot do is convert it to a youtube file!! this is essential as i will need to upload this assignment in order for my teachers to mark it.

• The "not connected" problem seems to happen with laptops a lot, probably because of the reasons I discussed previously, and it might be solved using the methods I discussed previously. plug the laptop into a power source, (MIGHT also need to disable any settings that cause your IP address to dynamically change during your work session ) save your work, restart videoscribe, As a test try making a new scribe with just one image and export it to youtube. If that works then try your big scribe.

If the little scribe works but the big one doesn't then there is probably something in your scribe that needs to be fixed: TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• how do i restart video scribe?

• how do i restart video scribe??

• I have tested a very short video scribe i just quickly created and i am able to save it online!! just can't save or convert to youtube my 5 min one?? will try restarting video scribe.. just don't know how..

thanks

• (restart means to close the program and then run it again and log in again. use the "close" icon in the upper corner of the program. I think it is in the upper left corner for mac, and in the upper right corner for PC.)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment