Unable to save new work - "not responding"

• I'm having the issue of Videoscribe repeatedly "Not responding." I know that this is usually due to excessive image sizes or zooming, but even when I change things in the scribe, it won't let me save my work. How can I even know if I am making progress? I've been working on this project for and suddenly all of the work is useless because I can't change anything? 

• If the problems with the scribe are so bad that the program is frozen then you probably have no choice but to force close the program and restart it and start with whatever might have been autosaved. Then clean it up and follow the tips:
    TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

If the program is not frozen, but you can't save:
    1) delete one or more images that have large file sizes (preferably everything larger than about 400 or 500 KB) and optimize them better and then re-import them.
    2) click the little diagonal arrow icon that zooms out to show all of the elements. Note the percentage zoom that is displayed near it. If that zoom is lower than about 25% then you probably need to group your elements together better.
    3) if any of your element has a zoom lower than about 25% or larger than about 800% then you probably need to fix them.

(numbers and percentages provided are just rough guidelines.)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• I may be zoomed out too far. I'll try that. Thanks.

Login to post a comment