Lost half my video!

• I have been having the hardest time uploading my video onto YouTube. VideoScribe kept locking up on me, AFTER over an hour of rendering! NOW, The staff asked me to save it to the cloud, and my message kept saying unsuccessful. So then they had me save it to my computer, and sent them a copy by email. 

Then I tried again to render, upload to YouTube. Yay! It worked... so I thought. NOW, ONLY HALF of the video is there. I went back to check on Video Scribe and just like the YouTube, half is missing! I have NO IDEA. Did an older version get saved over my most recent, completed video?? 

I am at my wits-end! I have worked non-stop for a week on this. Thoughts? Help for ME? Side note, I am in the U.S., and have realized this is a UK business, and our time zones are 6 hours off. I can never get ahold of them.

Thanks. Tonia

• 1) always save and close your work and let it finish saving before you close videoscribe.

2) if you are prompted to recover an autosaved file when you start videoscribe then you may not have saved properly, and some progress may have been lost. If you accept, it may overwrite a more recent saved file.

3)  If you follow these tips properly, you should have no problems: TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

4) If you can't closely follow the tips in #3 then  make an effort to deal with support during UK business hours.

Good luck,
    Mike (videoscribe user)
  • Hi Tonia,

Sorry that this issue is ongoing for you - I have added this forum post to your ticket and our support team will get back to you shortly.

Login to post a comment