Big problem with gif's that fade in

• For my presentations I use a lot of GIFs that fade into the screen so they don't just "appear" but this means I have a lot of invisible objects in my presentation that I sometimes click and change the positioning of without intending to etc.

Is there any way to have an object preview a gif from like the 3rd second or so so I can see it?

• you would probably have to make two copies of every gif: one set that fades in and one set with the order rearranged so a visible image is in the first frame.

use the visible ones to set up your scribe and then replace them all with the fade versions before previewing and rendering.

You may need to include all of the same frames in both versions to make sure the width and height remain the same.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hey Mike. I guess that's a valid temporary fix. Thank you.

• Hi Bjarni, 

I am trying to figure out how to make an image fade in or out in Videoscribe. I just can't seem to make it happen. 

It sounds like you have found a way do that using GIF files somehow. 

Would you mind explaining it to me? I'd be very grateful.

Mike Anderson 

• Hi Mike. It's not the optimal solution, but you can create your own GIF (I drew mine in flash and just made an animation gif) that fades in. If you insert this gif in videoscribe it will fade in when it plays.

• I get it. Thank you very much, Bjarni!

Mike

Login to post a comment