The Ruler and maintaing aspect ratio

• Recently I graduated to the 2.x family of videoscribe. I still have a lot of 1.3.26 in my head so please help me out. I did search but did not find the answers to my problems.

I have 2 problems;

PROBLEM 1

In 1.3.26 it was important to work in a certain area of the canvas to ensure your scribe was within the 16:9 aspect ratio. When you open 1.3.26 they had these arrows so you could adjust your videoscribe working area to ensure you were not working outside the 16:9 aspect ratio for a particular scene having the same camera setting.

With the 2.x family of video scribe at times I  accidently adjust the windows size but have no idea how to set it back to its default size to be certain I am still working within the 16:9 aspect ratio for that scene and camera setting.

So my question is:

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE WORKING WITHIN THE 16:9 ASPECT RATIO FOR A PARTICULAR CAMERA SETTING FOR that SCENE??

PROBLEM 2

There is a ruler at the top and left margin. I could not find a way to turn the ruler off. Here is the scenario. I want to align images at the bottom from the left to right. The first image should be flush to the left margin of the video. So  I place it flush with the ruler on the left side.  However, when I render the video, there is a gap between the image and the left margin.....obviously putting an image flush to the ruler on the left margin is not the same as the left margin of the video.

So how do I do it?  Where do I place the image on the canvas so it is flush to the left margin when playing the video????

In 1.3.26 this was not an issue, because there was no ruler in the way.

Thanks

• VideoScribe is set-up so the canvas is 16:9 aspect ratio so when you set a camera position it will be shot 16:9

With the ruler it is not a setting that can be changed i'm afraid but it is set to be translucent so you can see the edge of the canvas and put images to the corner. VideoScribe will hold that camera position once it has been set. Just be aware that if you resize the VideoScribe window (Maximise from part-screen or visa-versa) that you can see more/less of the canvas so it looks like the position has changed. It hasn't however and if you double click on the element in the timeline it'll revert back to the original camera position on the re-sized screen.

Login to post a comment