Rendering is Painfully slow (RR-793)

• Are there any plans to improve the rendering engine of Videoscribe ?

I'm using the latest version on a Macbook Pro (2.6Ghz i7, 16GB RAM, Retina) and it takes an inordinate amount of time to render videos in .mov format. (or any format for that matter)

For a 5 minute scribe, it takes around 25 minutes ...

Thanks

8 people like this idea
  • The .mov rendering image was actually changed in v2.3.1 to reduce the size of output files and also the speed of the process so it should be considerably quicker than v2.3.0. I know the development team are always looking for ways to improve the speed and quality of the application but given the rendering engine has only recently been updated it's unlikely to change again in the immediate future.

• What we have done though is introduce the ability to publish your videos to Sho.co thorugh the "Share video online" button. This actually takes the rendering out of VideoScribe and completes that on our servers. While it still takes the same amount of time for the video to publish it does mean you can move onto your next project while you wait!

• All great, but basic rendering needs to be faster. Sho.co is not a goto site for anyone yet ... it is still early.

Compiling for offline use, or for you tube is where focus should be in my opinion.

But good to hear some work has started on this front.

• David, I know Sho.so is far from a go to site at the moment. It's more that you can download the video as MP4 from there so can still get a local video while the rendering is done by our cloud servers

• I am having the same problem. When I compare the speed of rendering videos on Camtasia with what I am getting on video-scribe, there is a big difference. It takes forever to render on videoscribe.

• I'm new - so pardon what may be a dumb question, but if you send the rendering to sho.co can you then download the resulting video and put it in other places, too?

• yes you can download the video as an mp4 file.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• video maker fx, explaindio takes quick time to render and they have lower video size as well .

video scribe should save the video as MP4 

• I can render in ppt, movie maker, imovie and others at ten times the speed of videoscribe. This is a serious issue. If it takes 25 to 30 minutes to render the scribe then it is almost time to ask for money back. Well bellow standard. Any suggestions?

• I am using just two png files for a short 40 second presentation. The render time is now over 30 minutes. 

• Even rendering it as a ppt is just painfully slow. There has to be a solution for this. Anyone got an idea?

• Hi,
    You could:
    1) Attach the .scribe file here or
    2) save it to the cloud and Raise a Ticket if you want to know what you could be doing better.
    3) You should probably also mention what version of videoscribe you are using and the quality setting if you have changed it from the default.

My guess is that maybe your images are huge or your camera or quality settings are excessive.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• I have created a video of 2 minutes 34 second and it takes more than 2 hours to render. Please help me out, why it is taking this much time in rendering a just 2 minutes video?
  • Please see the advice given previously in this thread.

Login to post a comment