Morphing object reused in later scene

• I am trying to morph an object in scene 2.  The object morph was used in scene 1 and it worked properly.  When I attempt to change the attributes of the copied object, I am not given the 2nd scene object to morph from.  When I use the copy from object from scene 1, the morph does not work.

How can I select the object from scene 2 to morph from?

• You have to copy both objects from scene 1 to scene 2 if you want to morph them again in a new location/scene.

If that does not answer your question, you may nee to provide more details or a screenshot of the problem.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Copying the morphed objects does not work.

The first object does not clear.

Have another suggestion?

Can I download the first object as an sag, change it slightly and upload it and use it?

I think there is a bug when morphing the same object twice.

• I can't understand what you mean from your description.

You wrote: "not given the 2nd scene object to morph from"
    Are you saying that you cannot select morph as an option for the second copied morph object?

Then you wrote: "The first object does not clear." Does that mean the morph works but both objects are visible when the morph is complete?

You may want to export your scribe as a .scribe file and attach it here if you want the community to offer suggestions, or save your work online and tell support the name of it if you want them to look at it.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• The first object did not clear, even though I checked the box to clear it.

•  You may want to export your scribe as a .scribe file and attach it here if you want the community to offer suggestions, or save your work online and tell support the name of it if you want them to look at it.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• I know what the problem is.

I can only morph 3 objects in a scribe.  The fourth morphed object cannot be selected.  When I select the object morphed from, I cannot scroll to more than six objects.  

• I cannot select the 4th object.  See attached.

• Ohhhhhh.

1) after you click the morph option, you will see the little thumbnail images of the available elements.
    2) below those little images are two dots indicating that you have two pages of images to browse.
    3) click the second dot to view the second page of images. that's where you will find the one you want.

I understand your confusion because those dots are a terrible, vague, unintuitive way to browse those images. The timeline at the bottom of the videoscribe window uses "previous and next" arrows.... so for consistency, this menu should use them too.

Hope that helps,
    -Mike (videoscribe user)

• Mike, thank you so much for staying with me on this.  Your answer solved my problem. I am almost blind and had difficulty seeing the dots.  

VideoScribe is fantastic.  I do have some difficulty with camera positioning.  I am getting better with it.

Is there a way to go to an object on the timeline and make it the item seen on the canvas?  I am "hiding" follow-on objects on the timeline in order to reposition the object in question.  There has to be a better way.

• You're welcome!
    Those dots are pretty hard to see. They seem kind of grayed-out in my opinion.  I hope they will be replaced with a more intuitive and obvious control system (the same controls as the timeline perhaps)

The camera positioning is a pretty common issue too. I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but sometimes after you add an image, videoscribe moves the camera as soon as you start clicking anything. One way to avoid that is to always click "set camera" immediately after importing any element.  Then you can reposition things and click "set camera" again later if you wish.
    Here's a thread about: Camera setting tips 2015

In my opinion if you have the camera in a position and then you import an image, the camera should automatically assume that is the default camera position for that image (until you manually change it). I made a suggestion thread about the issue:
    videoscribe should set initial camera position automatically upon import of each element

to move the camera back to a previously shown object: This thread briefly explains how to do it by adding an extra "dummy" element.  Essentially, you add a new element to the end of the timeline and then tell the camera to look at one of the older elements instead of the new element while the new element is being drawn.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment