text highlight

• Hi,

I have troubles with the text on background color 2f2f2f. It makes like a rectangular background that it is slightly more bright than the background. I tried solving the problem with shadows, bevel, glow etc, but nothing helps. Is there any solution?

Thanks!

2 people have this question
    jpg
    (65.2 KB)
  • Martin, that's a weird one! Tried a few things to counteract it but cannot find anything that will remove it. I'll raise it as a bug and get the development team to have a look.

• Hi,
    I haven't experimented much with that issue but here are a few ideas:

1) Adding a texture to the dark background might disguise the problem.

2) A possible alternative is to use darker text on a lighter background to see if that looks better.

3) I think the only certain way to prevent that ghosted rectangle around white text on a dark background is to make an SVG for each text element.  However, that may be time consuming if you have more than a few text elements.

Here is a description of the process:
    old community thread: Can I make other fonts "draw" well?

Hope that helps

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• I've noticed the same problem. I'm using version 2.3.1. I certainly would like to not have to do a workaround like render my text as SVG.

• Please provide more information or a .scribe file if you would like specific suggestions.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Mine was just a comment that the problem persists. There is no other suggestion other than what you provided before. This is a bug that must be fixed in a future release.

But I have attached a scribe file to show you what I mean.

• I've added this forum URL onto the bug so we remember to update it when we find and implement the fix

• Is there a way for me to highlight a word in a sentence or change the color of the word in a sentence? 

• Yes there is on both counts! Example of how to do both of these is attached so you can take a look at the settings and replicate in your projects. If anything is not clear just let me know

• Hi, 

I'm having the same problem. Has this been solved?

A slightly darker box appears around my text boxes. It was not like this all in the beginning of working in the program, and then all of a sudden it appeared.

Appreciate your answer.

Mollie  

• That does not sound like the same problem.

Please save a project as a .scribe file and attach here showing the problem.
    (Preferably just a few elements that show the problem and not a huge long scribe)

Or at least provide a screenshot of the problem.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thank you for your quick response. 

Attached are two screenshots of the issue. It doesn't look as bad in the screenshots

as it does when I save the scribe in quicktime format. 

Thank you, 

Mollie 

• Thanks!
    My mistake. It IS the same problem (the box around the text is slightly lighter than the dark background).

I don't believe that any solution has been found yet. Related threads:
    http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/11000005253
    http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/11000002075

Below are the options that I would try if it were my video (just offering suggestions):
    1) the easiest possible workaround is to add a slight texture to the background. I believe it can be done from the same menu that has the background colors.
    2) the workaround that requires more effort, but can give you the exact original desired appearance is to make SVG images out of your text elements: Make Any Font, Text or Equation Draw Well (2017) If you are just using move-in for the text, the process can be quick and simple. If you want to draw the text, it requires more steps and some practice to get it right.
    3) slightly darker text or a slightly lighter background might not show the same symptom... but color changes are unlikely to be an acceptable solution in most cases.
    4) a glow or stroke or other effect around the white text in videoscribe text options MIGHT conceal the rectangular artifact. Make the glow the same color as the  background color and try different sizes. I have not tried this and I have no idea if it would work or just look terrible, but I am spitballing some ideas for the problem.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Thanks Mike, I'll try these things

• SOLUTION! (?)

It appears that reducing the text opacity to 99% or lower, removes the artifact completely. (It might work with up to 99.9%  opacity though I did not test it.)

Screenshot below has been curve-adjusted to make the artifact more visible:

The glow effect in graphic filters menu (not pictured in the screenshot) definitely did not work for me.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment