Long scribe taking a while to publish on sho.co

• I have the same question too about a scribe taking a long time to publish. It seems you did something for another customer that fixed it. Yesterday I tried to load my scribe to Youtube but was unsuccessful although I have done it twice before without a problem. Is there a max limit on a scribe that will allow it to load with ease? It is an assignment and is now a day late! Can you help? Dacia

• YouTube is a seperate site to Sho.co. We own Sho.co so have some control over it but cannot see the upload progress on YouTube. Maybe you should try Sho.co, you can upload there by using the 'Share Video Online' button on the publish screen

That said I can link you to some useful YouTube information to aid with uploads. 

Common issues with YouTube

Also please bear in mind that the upload is a 3 stage process, first you sign in, then video is made and finally your video is uploaded. If you press the X at any point this will cancel the upload. You will see a "Congratulations, your video has been uploaded" when it's uploaded. Only click the ticks, if you click a X it stops the process.

If you are still having problems after that it would be useful to know at which stage the process is failing? Are you getting as far as putting your YouTube/Facebook password in? Is it failing before that and at the same point each time? If that's the case which element is on screen at that point as it is likely that there is a problem with that element.

• Hello

I too have a problem uploading my video to youtube.  Its been over 2 hours and I get the message Publishing... Hang in there. Your video will be ready soon.  I need to publish this today.  I have purchase the product so I am not using the FREE service.  Help!!!!!!!!!!!

• A common cause of failure to render is excessive memory usage. videoscribe can only use up to 1.7 GB of RAM.  Save your scribe online and tell customer support the name of it if you want them to evaluate it.

or check out these TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)

hope that helps!
    -Mike (videoscribe user)

• I had created a 30 minutes long scribe, it took 5-6 hours to extract the video file as MOV, end up at around 20 minutes time, the scribe jammed at 1 screen till the end of the video. Quite disappointed as I have been waiting since 6.30am till 12.30pm, end up with a corrupted video. 

Right now I am publishing it online and hopefully this time round the video will be published successfully. As this is for my uni assignment, I need to submit this video for grading purpose. Anyone got a foolproof method for me to extract this video out from videoscribe? 

Currently my plan is to have a full video up on sho.co website, download it and then upload to youtube channel. I had tried to publish it on youtube directly but it is gonna take up to another 380 minutes... 

• Daniel, a 30 minute scribe is quite extensive! Would be worth tracking your RAM usage during the render to see what limits you are hitting. If you are still having problems you can save your scribe online and let us know what's it's called and we can give it a go for you.

• Hi Barry, I have no idea how to check on the RAM usage, it's been 8 hours and it is still publishing, here is the link to my video: http://sho.co/17B68. 

On the other hand, I am trying to share on youtube, 190 minutes to go... The name of the scribe called Ubiquitination, under my email account: WONG0928@e.ntu.edu.sg

Thank you so much! 

• Right now this is what I can see from the screen for creating youtube video. This is the same section where my extracted video got jammed at, around 20 minutes. 

How can I solve this? is there a limit for scribe? I need help to get my video out on youtube for my school assignment ... 

Thank you so much!

• Daniel, 

Can see you are logging in on a Mac version of VideoScribe but no idea what version of OSX but here's a link to using Activity Monitor on you Mac which is where you can monitor the RAM used by an application. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201538

Checking on your upload to Sho.co and that have completely failed I am afraid. When you upload to Sho.co the site turns your .scribe file into 4 different elements. A 1080 .mov video which is what shows on the site. 360, 720 and 1080 .MP4 files for download and also some thumbnails are produced. All 5 elements failed and I think that is to do with the sheer size of your scribe.

I have downloaded and tried to load the file a few times and can't even get the scribe to load on my machine. I have a Windows machine so use task manager rather than activity monitor but just loading the scribe is taking the RAM usage above the maximum limit of the application. I think the reason for this is that you have used a couple of fonts on your scribe that I would not have loaded in my VideoScribe so as well as loading your file my system is loading those fonts as well. Whereas you have those already so can still open the file. 

Realistically the only way of rendering this scribe would be to split it out. My colleague Dan is just working on your support now and has split your scribe into 4 pieces which will then allow you to render each part and glue them back together in iMovie.

• It's been 2 days since I published my video on sho.co and it's still not done.. Is there anything you can do to help me? I need it urgent for a school assignment! ;(
  • My 3 min scribe has taken 2 days and is still not published on sho.co..I need it urgent for a school assignment! Is there anything you can do to help me?? Thank you! :/
  • I had like a 30 seconds scribe that I wanted published on sho.co, but it's still not published. It's been 3 days and still waiting.

Is there an issue with this platform?

• A common cause of failure to render is excessive memory usage. videoscribe can only use up to 1.7 GB of RAM. Save your scribe online and tell customer support the name of it if you want them to evaluate it. or check out these TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)  or save your work file (work file, not video) online and tell customer support the name of it, if you would like them to look at it.

hope that helps!

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• If you are struggling with a Sho.co upload please make sure you add the shortcode to the post as we need that to track it through our systems

• Hi there!!

I've been posting my videos on sho.co for a while and I've never had problems until now...

I've posted 15 min video scribe before, but now it's taking to long... 3 days already pass and the video is still uploading... What should I do? I need the video for my business!

Thanks a lot! 

Login to post a comment