SVG don't draw, hand freeze and then image just appear

• Hi,

I drawed my illustration on Illustrator CS2 and then saved it as a SVG file. Imported it on to the Scribe and the hand just freeze in place and then the image just appear out of nowhere.

How can I fix it, thank you.

• If it's the stopping on the SVGs you have created then it's probably something to do with those files that is causing the issue. You may find our Create your own images page useful and also this YouTube video which one of our customers has created to walk you through image creation. One of our regular customers also has a forum post on tips and settings needed with SVGs to make them draw well in the application. Putting the SVG through an application called SVG cleaner will remove most errors that occur when importing SVGs into VideoScribe.

• Thanks Barry. I think I figured out the problem and wanted to share in case people got similar issues. Some of my other drawings worked just fine, however this one had color added and I have this weird habit of colouring things using the brush; you can imagine how many strokes that is! When I removed the colour layer and saved again the illustration draw just fine. So I think it had to do with this colour layer. Colouring with the pen tool seem to be the key.

• Indeed it is. Rule number 1 really for VideoScrive SVG Files is use the pen/pencil for everything to create clean lines for the hand to follow

Login to post a comment