Music will not stay attached to the video

•  I am making a videoscribe with a sound track from the Sparkol collection. However, every time I log out of Sparkol the music is deleted from the video.

Also I have saved the video to my external harddrive but when I try to open it the pc states that it cannot be opened.

Help :)

• I haven't heard of a problem of Videoscribe removing the music by logging out, so I'm not sure what might be causing that.

1) be sure that you save the project before closing videoscribe. If you don't save, you may be opening an older version next time you start videoscribe.
    2) try saving it locally and online. I remember a problem in the past with saving a project online and then opening it on another computer and the sound would be missing. I'm not sure if that has been fixed. The solution was to export a .scribe file and then import it into videoscribe on the new computer.
    3) Is the sound not playing in videoscribe, or in a rendered video or both?

4) If you are rendering a video and then trying to open the video in videoscribe, you can't do that. If you are exporting a .scribe file and trying to open it like a video, you can't do that. If you are rendering a video and the computer won't play it, what type of video file is it?

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• also you can save your scribe online and tell customer support the name of it so they can have a look at it.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Again, thank you Mike for your help. Well, first, I am an "older" person who was not raised with computers. So understanding all the computer terminology is a stretch for me.

This is what i have done so far:

I choose the VideoScribe music "Level Up", check the loop box, then the "tick" check mark. I then play/run my video and it plays the music track that I chose. All good.

I save my video by clicking on the upper left icon (looks like a floppy disk) which shows my video name, Lyme Disease, Base Folder, then I click on the "tick" check mark. All good.

When I log out of VideoScribe, a box is comes onto the screen that asks do I want to save my video, then I click on the "tick" (just in case because why is it asking if I want to save my video when I already did?). Then I close the screen (upper right "X") but it won't close until I click on the "x" in the box that asks me if I wanted to save my video. Does this make sense?

Now I want to go back and work on my video. I login to VideoScribe, click on my saved video. All good.

I start the video and there is no music. I then have to go into the music file, delete the saved music (because it shows that I still have the music saved), re-choose the music and re-save it. Now my video will play with music. I lose the music even if I save the work I have done on the video while I am still in the program. Then I have to repeat deleting the music and saving it again. AHH!

I have tried to save it to my desk top and my external hard drive. It will not save.

I do not understand when you tell me to  "export a .scribe file then import it into VideoScribe..."

This is a project for a graduate course. I need to be able to email it to my professor.

Thank you again for your help,
    Signe

• The part that you wrote about the way you add the music looks fine.

For the sake of a common terminology, generally when we talk about a file that you can open in videoscribe, we call it a scribe file or a scribe. Once videoscribe saves it as an MOV, WMV orAVI file we call those video files or videos.

The part where you have to click the X when it asks you to save your scribe sounds like an indication of a problem. customer support will have to try to figure out the problem with saving. Maybe you have a memory related problem with your scribe.

You didn't mention what video format you are trying to save (MOV, AVI or WMV). If you are a free member you can't render a video file to your computer. you can only render video directly to youtube, facebook or powerpoint. If there is some kind of problem with your scribe it might prevent you from saving your scribe properly or rendering video.

Hopefully customer support will be able to offer you more feedback and suggestions.

I don't know if I provided this link before but if you feel like a bit of reading and troubleshooting, here are some: TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015) .

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• You have been most helpful Mike. Thank you for your effort and time. I will contact customer support. Signe

• Signe, can you save your file to the online cloud folder please so we can download it and take a look for you

Login to post a comment