Rendering scribe.

• Hello I have created a scribe last week and have been trying to render it on YouTube but it will not work for me. I have tried all the recommdations on the community. I have tried to render it as a PowerPoint and to my Facebook also and nothing will work for me. I have to most resent version. Since I am on a free trial today is my last day I can figure this out. And because it was an assessment for my masters I NEED to get it onto YouTube. Can someone please help.
  • Hi,

In general, it helps to mention things like:

1) What operating system are you using?

2) What is the length of the video and what type of images (file type, largest file size...) you are using.)

3) More specifically what happens and what does not happen when you try render to youtube (popups, errors, any indications of progress...)

Most of the good troubleshooting threads suggest that you:

4) Save the work file online and tell support the name of it if you want them to look at it.

5) Export a .scribe file and attach it here for help from other users.

Also:
    6) TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)

-Mike (videoscribe user)
  • I have tried all those things and it just won't let me. Is there anyway that someone from sparkol could use my details to put my scribe on YouTube for me?
  • Maybe there is a language barrier since I can clearly see that you did not answer my questions or attach your .scribe file here.

As I already mentioned, if you save your scribe online and tell customer support (Sparkol) the name of it, then they can probably help you. You can also Raise a Ticket.

If you don't understand how to do one or more of those things, please ask for more information instead of just saying you've done them.

Good luck
    -Mike (videoscribe user)

• I did not answer your questions because I had already submitted all that information to sparkol with 3 different tickets submitted last week and today. So there is no need to be rude. I had already saved my scribe online and gave the name of my file in the tickets and I had no reply from them to any of my tickets.
  • (I was just trying to get you to provide enough information/data to solve your problem.)
  • Aisling, looking at your scribe for you now but with a quick look I can see a number of your elements have a zoom level of around 1000% and this causes a lot of RAM usage and cause a render to failure. This is covered under point 5 on Mike's tips to avoid crashes link. If I can render it successfully I'll put a YouTube link in the ticket for you if not you will have to revist your scribe, make some of the images larger and then decrease the zoom %. Happy to give you a couple of days extra trial to get that done if it comes down to it.

• Hi Barry, thank you for your response. I have managed to get the scribe to upload to YouTube. I don't know why but it eventually worked, I kept ex trying it and at 2am on my 100th try it uploaded. Thanks for the help.
  • Ah ok. Glad it worked for you. Worked for me first time and sent you the link on the ticket

Login to post a comment