Audio track no long plays randomly and app won't save

• I've been using videoscribe for a while and have had very few problems until today. For the first time, the audio track suddenly doesn't work while I'm editing and then the program also won't let me save. 

I have checked all sound card/volume issues and the only thing that works is to go back and add the exact same audio track again and then it works for a while. This bug has occurred 4-5 times today.

• Most unexpected behaviours in Videoscribe are a result of excessive memory usage. Your symptom sounds like one of those behaviours.

TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)

If you want customer support to provide specific feedback, save your scribe online and tell them the name of it.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• When you say "excessive memory usage" do you mean memory on my machine or Videoscribe memory allocation within the code? If it's just more RAM that I need, I can deal with that.

• Hi,
    It's explained a bit in the link I provided. Videoscribe can only use about 1.7 GB or RAM, if your scribe images +fonts+memory-required-for-processing gets close to that limit, you'll have problems.

You (probably) don't need more RAM. you probably need to optimize your images better or follow the other tips in the link I provided.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for responding. I was curious because of all of the animations I've created, this one uses the least amount of images, zooms, and position changes.  

I'm using only 3 svg images no larger than 35k in a 2 and a half minute animation. Almost the entire presentation is simple text written out with the Basic font over an mp3 file that I created that is only 2.5 meg. I take a look at the tips again later today.

Login to post a comment