Is there a way to add actual video footage to your scribe?

• I'm a new member to Videoscribe and I really like it so far, however, I was wanting to add a short video clip to my scribe and I didn't see a way to do this.  Would this be an option for the future maybe?

20 people like this idea
  • Good question

• It's not on the product roadmap at the moment but it's a good suggestion. If you want this to be a feature please 'like' the original post as we monitor that to see what would be most popular with our customers

• Is there a workaround for this for now?  I am creating a video into which we'd like to insert some very short (5-10 second) video clips of people speaking dialogue.  Could this be done in, say, Illustrator, by splicing together the mp4 files and the .scribe file?

• Danielle, no workarounds within VideoScribe itself but yes there is other video editing software available where you could merge 2 videos

• Oh no! I really need to do this. I am very new to this, and have no idea how or what other video software to get.

I also can't spend anymore on this, does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

Alana 

• Alana - the way I worked around this was to create my Scribe, download it as a file to my desktop, then open it in iMovie. In iMovie, I was able to splice in my video clips where I wanted them within the scribe, then to save the file again as a whole video file. Once that's done, you can't upload it back to Scribe (and you can't do much editing of the Scribe portions of your movie file in iMovie). So, I would not do this step until you're comfortable that editing of your Scribe file is complete.

Hope this helps.

• I am also always wanting to do this. It is quite difficult to make a sophisticaed scribe with vide when you have to take it to an additional video editing program. The sound, timing and other aspects make it very time consuming, and worse, fixing it to change some stupid spelling mistke means literally hours of work.

Why not create a BLANK scribe, with the time set to the length of the video (which you know), and allow it to be dropped in at that location using a file name of the video for that exact time. Seems that this is the easist implementation. 

I hope that this does rise to the top of the feature additions...

• I would also like to have this feature, Often I need to insert small video explanations of quick steps... rather inserting the pictures that too imported with low quality sometimes. I would request the implementation team to add the following two features in the roadmap ahead...

1) Users should be able to use multiple audio files | multiple audio files should be included in one scribe

2) Video embedding inside scribe should be allowed.

•  Well I am glad that there are more folks asking for this feature. I have purchased a competing product called Doodly because it also allows multiple sound files and I noted that there were 235 requests on Doodly feedback for video features. So as I plan to use both Videoscribe and Doodly for different projects, I think it is interesting that users of both systems are asking for video inserts. I really don't understand why there only a handful of videsoscribe users asking for it. I have wanted it for 6-7 years...

• hi, am new to videoscribe also. Already see the need to be able to insert video and multiple audio.

• Thought I would share a recent blog post with you on layering VideoScribe animations with live action video. It's not all done in VideoScribe and you need other software but there are free options out there as well as your Abobe's and other professional tools

https://blog.videoscribe.co/how-i-layer-videoscribe-animations-over-live-action-videos

•  OK this is really useful. I have been using Imovie for some other tasks and the demo really showed me some clever solutions. Thanks Barry!!

• I'd highly recommend subscribing to the blog, we have a lot of great stuff on there that will inspire you to use VideoScribe in ways you may not have considered before. 

• I too really could use this feature.  We do product demos and to insert video into an scribe really would help.

Login to post a comment