VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Can't upload, save or anything

Hi,

I have previously uploaded a scribe to YouTube...Within the last 4-6 weeks in fact, but now, I can't. I get the check your internet connection message with YouTube and for every other method, and I have tried them ALL, it freezes.

I uninstalled and then downloaded the latest version. I have tried to upload to YouTube 4x now, PowerPoint twice, and save to a file, both .mov and avi. Nothing - it hangs.. To have spent so much time for what appears to be nothing is truly frustrating. On top of tjat, my client is ready to abandon VideoScribe altogether. I don't blame him.

Hi,
Save your work file online and tell customer support the name of it if you want them to help you identify what is wrong with your scribe.

or use these tips to identify and fix the problem(s) yourself:
TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)

Hope that helps,
Mike (videoscribe user)

Thanks, I will try the suggestions on that link. As I previously stated, I cannot save it anywhere.

Hi,
Just to clarify, it SEEMED like you wrote that you could not render a VIDEO file or upload a VIDEO file. MY suggestion is to save your scribe (your work file, not a video) online. It's possible that you cannot do that either, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Either way, good luck. I hope you are able to pinpoint the problem(s) and fix it.
-Mike (videoscribe user)

Kirbie,

Please bear in mind that the upload is a 3 stage process, first you sign in, then video is made and finally your video is uploaded. If you press the X at any point this will cancel the upload. You will see a "Congratulations, your video has been uploaded" when it's uploaded. Only click the ticks, if you click a X it stops the process.

If you are still having problems after that it would be useful to know at which stage the process is failing? Are you getting as far as putting your YouTube/Facebook password in? Is it failing before that and at the same point each time? If that's the case which element is on screen at that point as it is likely that there is a problem with that element. Also if you save your scribe to the online cloud folder and let us know what it is called we can take a look for you and see if we can identify the issue.

I am having the same issue. I've had no problem saving to the base folder before but Now, when I try to update or edit videos I can not save them to the base videoscribe folder or locally on my computer. I can upload them as a video file but I have to keep the program constantly running until it's done because I lose the scribe file as soon as I close videoscribe.......PLEASE HELP!

Chris, that issue is normally caused by a corrupted link to the music or voiceover file that is being used on the scribe. If you remove all audio from the scribe it should then save. Once saved you can then re-add the audio back into the scribe to create new links.

Login to post a comment