turn off move in feature?

Answered
  • I have a series of letters that are different colours and thus which I've included individually. However, now the letters are each being zoomed in on individually as they're written. Is there a way to turn off the move in feature (i.e., so the screen does not move as the letters are written)?

Thank you so much for any help! :)

Move-in is actually a different feature than what you are describing. ("move-in", "draw" and "morph" are the three animation types that you can use to bring an element onto the stage).

I believe your symptom is as follows: When you import a series of elements, videoscribe automatically assigns a default camera position to each element. so if you add 5 elements, the camera starts in the first position and the first element is drawn, then the camera moves to the second position and the second element is drawn , then the camera moves to the third position and so on...

SOLUTION 1:

If you already have multiple elements added to your scribe, I think you can shift+click the thumbnail images for each element in the timeline at the bottom of the screen to select as many as you want and then click the "set camera" icon to set the same camera position for them all.

SOLUTION 2:

If you are starting a new scribe and you wish to add multiple elements without moving the camera at all, you can manually set the camera each time you add a new element:

1) add the first element. Don't click it or move it or do anything else to it yet.

2) (with the newly imported element still selected) click the "set camera" icon in the lower right corner of the screen to save the current camera position for that element.

3) now you can move, scale or  change the properties of your element. be careful to only move the element and don't change the canvas/camera position.

4) add your next element. Don't click it or move it or do anything else.

5) repeat steps 2-4 until you have added all of the elements that you want to share the same camera position.

I hope that makes sense!

-Mike (videoscribe user

• Move-in is actually a different feature than what you are describing. ("move-in", "draw" and "morph" are the three animation types that you can use to bring an element onto the stage).

I believe your symptom is as follows: When you import a series of elements, videoscribe automatically assigns a default camera position to each element. so if you add 5 elements, the camera starts in the first position and the first element is drawn, then the camera moves to the second position and the second element is drawn , then the camera moves to the third position and so on...

SOLUTION 1:

If you already have multiple elements added to your scribe, I think you can shift+click the thumbnail images for each element in the timeline at the bottom of the screen to select as many as you want and then click the "set camera" icon to set the same camera position for them all.

SOLUTION 2:

If you are starting a new scribe and you wish to add multiple elements without moving the camera at all, you can manually set the camera each time you add a new element:

1) add the first element. Don't click it or move it or do anything else to it yet.

2) (with the newly imported element still selected) click the "set camera" icon in the lower right corner of the screen to save the current camera position for that element.

3) now you can move, scale or  change the properties of your element. be careful to only move the element and don't change the canvas/camera position.

4) add your next element. Don't click it or move it or do anything else.

5) repeat steps 2-4 until you have added all of the elements that you want to share the same camera position.

I hope that makes sense!

-Mike (videoscribe user

• Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for your elaborate answer! This has completely resolved the issue.

Sarah

• Great! thank you for sharing your results!

Login to post a comment