VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Writing speed

It seems that writing speeds is not spread consistently over the animation time.

I have a block of text and have set 10seconds as animation time. The first line is drawn slowely and then it seems that videoscribe speeds up the animation to finnish on time. This provides an unrealistic and unnatural effect due to the sudden increase in writing speed.

Can't it be made so that the writing speed is consistent during the animation ?

Can you attach a .scribe file or link to a video?

If I had to guess, I would guess that you have a lot of text and the hand can't keep up in preview mode, so it has to skip some frames.

Have you tried rendering a video or are you just seeing the symptom in preview mode?

I generally only use drawn out text for a few key words and phrases so I'm not sure how much text videoscribe can handle in a given length of time.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

VideoScribe tries to make the animation realistic so have a maximum speed when it comes to writing. If you have more text in your box than can be drawn at the maximum speed then it will pop the rest in at the end.

So there are 2 options to resolve this. If it was me I would keep the amount of text in an box to a sentence. It gives you greater control over the speed and you can layer your separate sentences up into a paragraph. Your other option is to increase the draw time to the minimum time needed by the hand to write all the text but this is a lot of trial and error to make sure you have the right time. 

Login to post a comment