VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

System Requirements

Hi everyone :)

I use VideoScribe a lot, in fact it is one the most important pieces of software on my computer. I was thinking of upgrading my laptop so that the rendering process and working with longer scribes run faster. However, the only thing I can upgrade is my RAM memory, since upgrading the processor would be too expensive (I would rather buy a new laptop than upgrading a processor). These are my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 2301 MHz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

RAM: 8GB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400 (although I assume the graphic card isn't too important)

What I was thinking is adding 8GB to my RAM, making it 16GB. Does anyone have experience with these things, would this make the VideoScribe run faster for me? Or is the processor the bottleneck? 

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I do not think that more RAM will help. I believe that Videoscribe contains an important component (probably purchased or leased from another company) which has a maximum memory usage of 1.7GB and that is how much of your RAM vidoecribe will use.

Currently your best options may be to:
1)  publish your videos to sho.co (which renders your work on videoscribe's servers and you can download the video in mp4 format) and perhaps more importantly
2) make sure your image file sizes are nice and low, prepare your SVGs appropriately, keep your zoom level reasonable, and avoid spreading your elements out in a long line.

related thread: TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment