Timeline is gone

• The timeline dissapeared. I tried to insert and image and the timeline appears again, but without functions. I cannot select and move objects, etc.

I create a ticket for the support team and anyone answer....

I`m very dissapointed. Anyone that can help me?

MAC. 2.3.5 Pro version

• Hi,
    If you would like help determining what is wrong with your scribe.

1) save your project as a .scribe file and attach it here or
    2) save your project to the cloud and tell customer support the name of it.
    3) If you want to try to identify the problem(s) yourself, here are some tips: TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Hi Mike

Thanks for your help.  I attached the file.

Regards

• Hi,
    I opened your scribe in version 2.2.5 (which I usually use) and I confirmed that the timeline appears empty.

This is usually a problem cause by one or more corrupt or improperly formatted images (see link in my previous reply) so I'm trying to identify the problem image(s)

your arrangement of images looks good.

I hoped that I could delete all of the images and then save the scribe with just the text elements so I could close and reopen it to see the timeline, however I was unable to save the scribe after multiple tries The "save" icon (checkmark) seems to do nothing when clicked.

After deleting a bunch of images and then selecting "all" I did see one empty image (a bounding box that seemed to have no visible image in it... or possible a white image) I was unable to select that image by itself to delete it but it might be a problem.

I'm opening the scribe now in videoscribe version 2.3.3
    will let you know if I come up with more info.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Mike. I appreciate a lot your effort for finding a solution.
  • Okay I opened the scribe in version 2.3.3 and the timeline still appears empty.

The "bad" image is still present.

Solution:
    I was able to copy and paste all of the elements into a new blank scribe to restore the timeline.

The bad image appears to be a corrupt copy of the wrench image. I deleted it.

(NOTE: the bad element probably became corrupt BECAUSE of memory usage problems created by a variety of other issues in the scribe such as excessive zoom settings ,images formatted in a way that videoscribe doesn't like, or other things. This types of issues are all discussed in the link in my previous post)

Suggestions:

1) Go through your scribe and change your zoom settings to stay between about 20% and 500% as much as possible for each element and for the final zoom out. At least keep them under 1000%. You currently have some zoom levels of at least 2500%

2) if you are using illustrator CC, refer to the save options in my link above. If you are using inkscape, use an older version (I think 0.48 is still on their download page)  You could also try using an SVG cleaner that simplifies SVG images for web use.

-Mike (videoscrbe user)

• Still trying to save a copy. If I can get it to save, I'll upload a new version.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Here is a new version.
    I have not changed much, but I deleted the corrupt copy of the wrench and I reduced the zoom percent for most of the elements that were over 1000%

That might be enough to prevent major problems.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

• Mike

Thank you very much for solving my problem and your advices. I will read also your previous posts. 

Regards

• HELP!!!!!

My project has crashed for the second time now. I've been working for weeks on it, and had to redo it one time already. I don't have time to do it one more time, please help me today, it's really urgent!! 
    It either doesn't load (stops one millimeter before) or doesn't show anything at all. I saved it frequently and don't know what caused it. 

I attach the file, but you can also look it up on my account, since I don't whether this file is already corrupt. 

Thank you for your help!!!
  • Version 3.5.2

This is my ticket

https://help.sparkol.com/support/tickets/67339

This is the crashed file

Login to post a comment