VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

How do you slow down transitions (not just increasing transition number of seconds)

As per the title really, I am trying to slow down the transition speed. 

I have set it to 4 seconds, but the trouble is, it only takes 2 seconds to do, and then it waits for the further 2 seconds. 

00:00 to 00:04 = animation

00:04 to 00:06 = transition

00:06 to 00:08 = wait (not good)

00:08 to 00:16 = animation

Anyone any idea how to slow it down? Only solution I can think of, is to edit it in a video editing software afterwards and play that section at 50% speed, but that's a lot of work for many parts of an animation. 

Video here to show the issue: https://youtu.be/MM0cMu2qkgQ

Here are my settings: 

that's not normal.
save that project as a .scribe file and attach it here if you want help troubleshooting it.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for taking a look at this for me, file attached. 

I have the Pro version if that makes any difference. Running on a Mac

Will 

Hi Will,
unfortunately I think I was mistaken.  It looks like using a long transition time like 4 seconds will always give you the result you are seeing. I was not able to change that in my brief testing attempts.

My recommendation is to increase the drawing time and pause of the first image and reduce the transition time to about 1 second or less.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for this, but increasing the drawing time isn't what I want to do, I want to decrease the speed between transitions. 

Will 

This issue is logged as a bug in our issue tracking system; it is being prioritised and will be fixed in due course.

Use the pause value to hold the slide before transitioning to the next slide. 

If I want to make a point and keep the slide up, I set pause to 4 seconds. 

Hope that helps.

Login to post a comment